Chapter 1 : Man Girl

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. Wham!

I slam the snooze on my phone and get up reluctantly.

'Get your ass over here you little squirt!' Came a voice from downstairs.

'Morning dad', I shout back.

Yeah that's my friendly old papa. The one who isn't like most dads. He's one of those cool modern dads who encourage his kids to lose their virginity at 18 and to throw parties and to learn to swear at appropriate times.

Yeah, who doesn't want a dad like that right?

I get up but my legs give away and I fall back on to the bed. I slam a pillow over my face.

Let me sleep.

There was a knock on my door and Brody entered. Did I forget to mention that I have a brother? How typical of me.

He was younger to me by 2 years. Brown hair, freckle face and brown eyes. Really tall for his age as well. Almost as tall as me.

'Get your ass up. Dad is making pancakes and I don't think he's gonna leave some for you and me', he told me.

Let me sleep. Let me sleep.

'Oh and Mr.Right is coming over', and the door slammed shut.

That got my intention. Me and Brody have this thing for nicknames. Mr.Right is Kyle, because he's just so.... golden and perfect and all that prince charming muck.

However I made an effort after hearing this. If he sees me in pajamas decorated with yellow rubber ducks, he's gonna haunt me for the rest of my damned life.

I get up like a zombie and walk towards the washroom. A fluffy black towel now strung over my neck.

Minty toothpaste. I hate mints. I hate anything that even relatedly tastes familiar to mints. Yet, every morning, I use the most mintiest toothpaste in the whole area.

My life is cursed.

I take a quick wash and head back to my bed. Then I do this weird habit I have. I sit and I stare at one object for five minutes before even realizing it. This time it was a perfume bottle Hent gave me a week ago which was on top of my dresser, barely used.

Let me sleep, god damn it.

I finally knock out of the trance and head to my messed up wardrobe.

Red beanie, black ripped jeans, white converse shoes, red sweater. That's my outfit for the day I suppose.

Riiinggggggg!!!!

Doorbell. That annoying doorbell that always scares the shit out of me. I recover in a few seconds from that awful noise and head downstairs where I see Kyle sprawled on my sofa, deep in conversation with Brody.

'Lakeshore is gonna win the match man, they just have to' Brody was saying.

'Lakeshore isn't that good at football as they claim to be Brody. But they just might stand a chance this game. Those Gateway people don't look so good in their game judging from their past matches', Kyle replied, biting his lip in frustration.

That was one of his nervous habits. But he still looked good doing it. One of my nervous habits is punching and scratching my head like a monkey. None of these help my growing reputation.