Chapter 39 : Someone Anonymous

Where the fuck is she?

I slam my office door shut and sit back behind my desk. It's been Two freaking days!

I've sent the police looking for her and everything. I got my personal investigators on the move as well. And nothing. Nothing had been collected. No clue. Just nothing.

I can literally feel my heart racing. Kate. I wish, I hope she was okay.

If only I didn't have work! I'm a freaking teenager! My uncle shouldn't stress me on his job.

Ding.

Someone texted me. I really don't want to see who. If someone else comes up to me with a business partnership deal, I'm going to rip his or her throat out.

Turns out it was a message from someone anonymous.

Anonymous: Address is on the link below. Kate's here. She's with Donovan or you may know him as Ray. I'm his father and I don't approve of this kidnap. Bring back up. Even though Ray may seem alone. He has his bodyguards.

Kate. Donovan. Kidnapped.

Oh yeah, I'm ripping Donovan's throat out alright.

I call the police and the investigators, providing them with the address,'And this time, I'd like to accompany you'

'Sir, that doesn't sound wise sir', the police officer replied through the phone.

'It's decided'

There's a good side in being a wealthy businessman. You get to carry a legally licensed gun. And not just the tiny pistols. I'm talking big. I'm talking -

'Sir may I remind you that you don't know how to use a gun', my advisor told me.

Okay, fine. No gun for me.

Kate I'm coming for you.

----------------------------------------------

*Kate's Pov*

I hope Diego's message got through.

I can't handle it anymore.

Donovan had been electrocuting me every time I denied him.

My body was tired and week and very feeble at the moment. I could barely raise my head to see; barely open my mouth to speak; barely keep my eyelids open to live.

And not to fall permanently asleep.

'Had enough? You still don't want me?', Donovan shouted.

His every single word seemed to penetrate my skull. It's as if he was banging a drum near my ear trying to permanently make me deaf.

'No...', was all I whispered.

Donovan's face was a mix of all kind of hatred. He raised his hand to electrocute me again when someone grabbed the taser out of his hands.

'This is not how we do things', Diego said.

'Give it back to me old man. I favor greed over money. Grab another person for your stupid ransom. You never ask a high price anyway', Donovan told him.

Diego was hurt all the same but was strong enough to say,'No'

'I'm getting tired of all the 'No' I've been getting today. Why can't someone just say yes?', Donovan muttered.

'Let the girl go', Diego commanded.

Then the most unexpected thing happened. The son hit the father.

And it wasn't a feeble hit. It sent Diego flying and crashing outside the room. Donovan leaves me and I continue to hear the struggle between the two.

Tears start streaming my eyes. I was confident that Diego was a good man who just made bad decisions in order to obtain money. Just another struggling man in the street. Money over greed. He never captures and keeps hostages. Never capture someone with personal issues involved. And here he is, defending me and I know he isn't the one winning.

I heard Diego shout in agony and then he finally stopped. Donovan entered the room again. His shirt was splattered with blood.

Not as much, but noticeable.

'What sicko fights his own father enough to shed blood?', I asked him.

'A good one who knows his purpose. Now where were we?', Donovan said. He pulled out the taser back to his hand. Looks like he recovered it from Diego.

And he electrocuted me again.

It's as if the pain didn't even exist. It felt floaty. I can feel a warm sensation down on my tippy toes but nothing else. I feel the chair tilting to a side and finally I fell along with it; my shoulder slamming on the hard concrete floor. The headboard broke, releasing my hands but I knew it was no use trying to fight my way out of here.

That's when I see the pretty blue and red lights outside the window.

I'm pretty sure you see white lights when you die.

Wait...

'Kyle!', with all the strength I could possibly have left. I screamed. I shouted. Knowing that he was just outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey you guys! What do you think of this chapter? I actually like Diego. But you'll find out his ... injuries in the next chapter.

~ Suhaila