Chapter 9: I Don't Care

It's been 5 days and I finally had opened my eyes.

I may never have spoken to Kyle these past few days but I saw him.

Eating girls faces. Kissing and sharing saliva. I hope those girls get STD.

Kyle never even pretended to notice me, he just kept kissing.

Anyway it's Saturday and I had a dinner to get to with my Father and Brody.

I was supposed to wear something elegant because if my father impresses this Mr.Grey guy he might be able to make it in to television with his home cooking program.

Yes, he has a cooking program on YouTube.

He started this around six months ago? Yeah, around six and he always tried to do his best at it.

Now this Mr.Grey guy had watched a video of my dad's and wishes an audience with him over dinner tonight.

Mr.Grey, according to my dad, is in charge of one of the channels on national T.V.

And that his job offer may rely on our family's behavior.

I raided my closet till I found an elegant tight white dress

I let my hair loose on one side and poked my feet inside a pair of white stilettos

I dabbed a little make up on and admired myself from the mirror. The dress basically hugged my body.

Mary.

She gave me  this dress for my last year's birthday. I never even thought of wearing it till now.

'Kate, we're going to get late!', I hear my father shout impatiently from downstairs.

'I'm coming', I shout back as I descend the stairs carefully not to trip with these heels,' I need more practice with these shoes'

My father saw me and opened his mouth in surprise,' you look as beautiful as your mother was at that age'

'Yeah right'

Brody came in to the room and his eyes grew in to the size of saucers,' are you my sister?'

'Haha very funny you two, let's go already', I reply, laughing at myself.

'Oh fuck we're late, you're right pumpkin, we should get going', Dad groaned and a minute later we were buckled up inside the care with the air conditioning on and the music threatening to break our ear drums with their deafening volume.

We reached the venue in about 15 minutes and we ran inside before they closed the doors.

We made it just in time.

But I wish we didn't come at all.

As soon as we entered we were surrounded by the press and some guys in black suits. And finally we were introduced to Mr.Grey.

'Charming children you got there Ben', he complimented with a low bow,' I myself don't have any children. I spoil my nephew'

'And who's your nephew may I ask?', Brody questioned.

My dad glared at him. I know Brody is going to get a lecture about sinful curiosity when we get home. Unnecessary curiosity.

'Ah his name is Kyle'

I froze.

It can't be the Kyle that I know right? There are soo many Kyles in this world. It can just be a coincidence.

Mr.Grey turned back and tapped his hand lightly on the back of a person's broad shoulders so he would turn.

And he did.

'Kate', he uttered, surprised.

'Kyle my man!'my dad exclaimed.

'Dad, I'm leaving', I whisper to my father's ear and he turned questioning me why.

I just shake my head at him with a pleading look on my face.

'Say what, just go get some punch. Go with Brody', Dad muttered back.

Brody agreed and we both left, looking for the apparently non-existent punch as we left dad, Mr.Grey and the son of a bitch behind.

Why? Why can't stuff like these just stay in movies?

I'm so screwed. I wanted to go home.
But I'm sure dad wants me to stay. He said our behavior is important to display to Mr.Grey, but somehow that seems rather stupid to me now.

We didn't find punch but we surprisingly found some fizzy drinks, stacked in a corner table.

They were all elegantly poured in glasses of course.

I held a glass in which I thought was coke but turned out to be Pepsi. And Brody somehow found Mountain Dew.

Just to pass time, I had another glass and then another till I could get fully drunk from Pepsi.

Pepsi may not be alcohol but once you have enough it's enough to provide the same side effects.

Still, it was alcohol so the effects passed quickly and the hallucinations slowed down and settled and I saw the looming figure that was Kyle in front of me.

He took my glass and placed it back on the table,' I think that's enough of fizzy drinks for you'

'You said it's enough? Then I should take some more', and I grabbed another glass and drained it.

Thing is, I didn't see what the drink was.

'And that was wine', Kyle sighed as I vomited on his suit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Damn, I like that ending. Why do I like weird endings? Is this ending like a cliffhanger?

WARNING: I'M EXPERIMENTING CLIFFHANGERS SO I'M SORRY IF YOUR CURIOSITY GREW RAPIDLY OVER READING THIS.

I try. A person can only try.

However, wanted to tell you guys that I won't be posting regularly as always. I have my test coming up and I think I won't be posting a lot this month.

Don't stab me with fork, please don't.

Bye, toodles!

~ suhaila

Instagram : Flapkins
Twitter : Flapkins
Snapchat : Suhailashaheen