Chapter 29 : Care To Explain?

*Kate's Pov*

I got a text from Kyle saying I could come over. So I decided to go annoy Kyle at his workplace.

You have no idea how difficult it was to get a cab these days! I ended up dialing for an Uber that arrived here in barely three minutes.

I remember Kyle saying the building was just a few blocks from my house. It should be close by. We should arrive there in a few minutes.

But the traffic was terrible.

I took out the phone and tried dialing Kyle.

Riiiiing. Riiiiiing. Riiiiiing.

The number you called has not responded, please try again later.

Huh, no reply. He must be busy.

'Wait, stop there at that Café right there!', I inform the driver and he stopped in to a halt.

'Would you like me to wait miss?', he asked.

'No thank you', and I give him the money,'keep the change'

I head in to the café and smell that addictive smell of fresh bread and pastries in the oven.

I think Kyle would like something nice to eat.

I buy two of everything that was available. It's going to be a pastry feast.

I decided to walk to the rest of the way. It was a bit difficult because I was holding two huge bags of bakery goodies.

I reached the hotel in five minutes. I had to tell the workers that I was Kyle's girlfriend to let them in. But they kept saying to each other,'didn't she come already?'

Idiots.

How can I come already?

They said he was on the second floor. As a thanks, I gave them one goodie bag which they gratefully took and immediately began munching.

I got on the elevator and clicked the level two button. Immediately it shot up in lightning speed.

Ding. You have reached your level!

The doors opened and I gasped at the sight I saw.

Alexa was pushed against a wall by none other than my dear Kyle in a very flattering position.

Kyle's eyes widened when he saw me,'Kate this is not what you're thinking'

I drop the other bag and head over to them as they stood up properly.

Kyle had a worried look displayed on his face as Alexa had a winning grin.

And I knew who caused this scenario.

Slaaaaaap.

And Alexa cupped her cheek with an outraged look,'what the fuck You bastard!'

'I told you not to mess with me and that involves my boyfriend as well', I tell her silently.

Kyle -I saw from the corner of my eye- was grinning his face off.

'Kyle dear, did you send me a text saying to meet you at work today?', I asked him.

His grinning face turned in to a confused look,'no I didn't. I kept my phone downstairs in the lobby'

'Are you sure it's not up here?', I asked.

He nodded his head in reply.

'Let me dial you', I said and I saw Alexa's face turned in to a worried one.

I dialed his number.

And I heard the rings.

Not just the one coming from my phone but another as a screen lighted through Alexa's jean pocket.

'I see what's going on here', I say, I take the phone from her pocket,'this belongs to you', I say, handing it to Kyle.

Alexa bit her lip in frustration.

'Kyle what were you doing pushing Alexa to the wall?', I asked.

'She was threatening you so out of anger I kind of pushed her to the wall', was his reply.

'Threatening?'

'More like insulting'

'Wait, don't lie you bastard. You wanted to kiss me!', Alexa put in, but her voice wavered when she saw my face.

I give her a threatening smile and she whimpered.

'Don't mess with me Alexa. Come near me and you'll be the one that's hurt. I won't lie when I tell you I'm my Daddy's girl. He's known to have an anger', I tell her,'now Shoo before you get punched again'

She left in a hurry as she stepped on to the elevator.

'Kate...'. Kyle began.

'Save it. You're an idiot but even you won't do something that stupid', I tell him,'plus I'm hungry and I bought goodies'

He pulled me by the wait and kissed my forehead,'Kate, you never cease to amaze me'

'One of the thing you love about me'

'What are the other things I love about you?'

'My dancing'

'But you're a terrible dancer'

'My singing?'

'You have a voice that sounds like a cat being choked. No offense but it's true'

'My... hair?'

'Depends. Head hair or the ones growing between your legs'

'You pervert'

'Nah'

'And anyway, there's no hair there. I naturally don't grow them there'

'If you say so'

'I don't know what you love about me'

He let out a sigh.

'Everything'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Oh my god! I love this chapter! Don't you?

BWAHHAHAHAHAH!

It's like freaking mentalist over there!

Anyway I hope you Dodos love it! Because I certainly do.

Anyway, I'm out of ideas and I don't know when I'll post my next chapter. Let's see if i get more inspired today.

Bye, toodles!

Instagram : Sxmlii
Twitter : Flapkins
Snapchat : Suhailashaheen