capitolo 3 :: aspettare l'inaspettato

Once you got up, you got ready as fast as you could. It was 10 already, as you enjoyed to sleep in on days you were off. After getting dressed, You tried curling your hair, which resulted in burning some of your fingers, yet it still looked somewhat decent. To be safe, you emptied a good quarter of hairspray from the can onto your hair.

After feeding Sveta and tucking your gun into the holster, you bolted out of the house and hopped in your car with your purse and whatever money you thought you'd need. You sped downtown to where all the shops were.

You ran into a shop meant for small children as Godspeed. The employees looked at you quite oddly: a very well-dressed woman in her early twenties frantically searching for something.

You hurried to the newborns section and ran your hands over the clothing rack. "Uh, uh...What the hell would a baby wear..." you muttered to yourself, looking at the expansive clothing options. A sale lady came over to you.

"Can I help you, miss?" You nodded. "YES! I mean, yes, I need help picking out a onesie--"

"Alright, what gender is the baby?"

Shit. You never listened to Angi talk about her kid so of course you didn't remember what gender the baby was.

"We don't know yet," you lied. You could have sworn the lady took a peek at your stomach. "No, I'm not the one giving birth," you mutter. She doesn't hear you.

She shows you a couple of unisex ones and you decide on a yellow one with a monkey on it. You also grab a 4 pack of baby bottles before running over to the checkout and slamming them down on the counter.

The woman there gives you a skeptical look as she scans your items. "Are these gifts?" She asks. No, Im going to prance around in a  monkey onesie and drink from my purple baby bottle. "Yes," you say. Your watch says it's already 12, you you nervously tap your feet as she takes her sweet time wrapping everything and putting in the gift receipt.

The moment she finishes, you quickly mutter a "thank you" and hand her the money before running out.

You place the bag in the back of your car and re-lock it, before making your way to the flower shop down the street.

You walk into the doors more calmly, the clerk giving you a monotone greeting as you walk in. You smile back to him, even though he returns his focus to his magazine.

You stride over to the back of the shop and look over the various array of flowers. You place your thumb on your chin as you stare intently at the flowers, deciding on which ones to pick. You know that carnations mean pride and beauty, so you decide on those.

"Looking for something?"

You look to the side to see a man about your age, with his golden hair in a braid, and wearing a white dress shirt with a black tie and navy blue dress pants. He's rolled his sleeves up. He obviously doesn't work here.

"Yes, actually, I was looking for some Carnations," you say, smiling kindly. Something about him strikes you. He nods understandingly before pulling a bouquet of them, seemingly, from behind his back.

"These?" He asks. You nod. "Why yes, actually. They're quite beautiful." Well, he helped you, so you might as well introduce yourself. You hold the bouquet in one arm and hold out your other hand. "My name's y/n l/n," you say. You shake hands.

"You can call me Giorno," he says. You hope for his last name, but he's obviously not going to give it to you. "Nice to meet you, Gior--"

The sound of glass shattering echoes through the shop, and then a car speeds down the street.

Your car speeds down the street.

You gasp and run outside, to see someone getting away in your car. You gasp, frustrated, before sadly waving goodbye at the car and sighing in defeat. There was no use running after it. At least you still had your purse and your phone.

"Is everything alright?" Asked Giorno, running behind you. You sigh. "My car just got stolen," you say, watching it turn the corner. He stared at it before muttering a letter and a number or two. "I'm sorry about that," he says. You nod. "It happens sometimes, I guess."

You turn to pay for the flowers before he stops you. "Um, the flowers are on me," Giorno mentions, his hand traveling to the back of his neck. "Consider it an 'Sorry your car got stolen' gift."

"Are you sure?" You ask him. "I can easily just--"

"No, y/n, just...just let me pay." You give up. "Alright. I've got to get going. See you around," you mention, before smiling at him. You wave at each other again before turning around, and walking away.
---
Once you finally showed up to the baby shower, a good half-hour late, everyone was already presenting their gifts to Angi.

You handed her the bouquet, your curls disheveled and your dress flat. She looks at you with disgust and then looks at the flowers.

"That's it?"

Everyone goes silent.

"What do you mean 'that's it'?" You ask, starting to get mad.

"I'm having a baby and this is all you get me?" She places a hand on her thigh, as her stomach prevented her from positioning it on her hip.

"Listen, Angi, I had other stuff in my car, but it got stolen, alright? At least I got you the flowers."

"That's not an excuse for you to not get me anything."

You're totally aghast. How can someone be this dumb? You stare at her agitated figure in shock before your eyebrows furrow. You had had enough of the day. You got up late, you burnt your fingers, your car GOT STOLEN: and she has the audacity to say that to you?

You frown. "You know what? Yes, yes it is. Have a nice day, Angi. Hope your kid gets Jaundice when it comes out."

A couple people gasp as you take the plate of  hors d'oeuvres and walk out, not even daring to look back at the people calling your name as you make your way through the backyard and out the fence door.
---
It took you an hour to walk back to your house. The guard stared at you a little odd as he watched you walk through the gates with a big plate of hors d'oeuvres in hand.

You stopped in your tracks and almost dropped the plate when you looked at your driveway.

There, parked as if nothing ever happened, was your car.
---
A/N
I know the first two chapters really lacked some Gio, so here's your daily dose.

I thought of this video when writing the birthdays scene oh my god

(It's really funny you should watch all of it)

Also Kimi No Taion is a really good song uhh
-Mom