part 5 special! :: all the stars get closer

I saw that part 5 was confirmed for an animation in October this year and I'm so exited!! Here's a quick cookie to celebrate the occasion!
———
It's been a while.

You could tell because the ballroom you had once felt so out of place in now felt a little more odd to be in.

Well, you were in full work getup.

You tugged at your collar as you quietly, solemnly watched the variety mix of sophisticated guests twirling about the floor, some eating, some talking, and a few on the dance floor. An exhale runs through your nostrils in an attempt to cool yourself down.

Your eyes trail among a few people, following their footsteps and the lacy hems of their dresses and suits. You turn to the other praedisio next to you and quickly mutter, "how long until rotation?"

Almost immediately, he responds with a "10 minutes, Captain."

"Thanks." Another pained exhale. Your feet ached in their boots.

As the clock ticks on, the music only seems to drawl longer and it's straining to hear. It's a little hard to watch others have fun, you know? But hey, this is what you lived to do.

"You know what?" You mutter. Turning to the fellow guard, you nod. "Hey. Tell Mauricio to get his ass over here because I'm going on a round." He gives a little grin and nods as you turn to walk away.

The halls echo with your footsteps as you walk away from the party and towards the balcony, which is ever so conveniently located just at the end of the hallway. The atmosphere grows eerie as the faint sound of piano echoes from behind you and the rolling of waves somewhere in the distance resonates off the concrete on the sides of the building. The wind blows, proving relief from the layers of your uniform.

You lean on the concrete raining and take off your sunglasses (why are we even wearing them inside?) and rubbed the bridge of your nose where the little nose pads are. Rubbing your eyes, you let out yet another sigh. With a little swallow, you gaze out at the sky. It's cloudy but there are still a few stars.

"I've been looking for you."

You turn to the source of the voice. "Don't you always, Giorno?"

He walks towards you, hands in pockets until he gets close, where you instinctively walk over to lean into him and he instinctively puts a hand around your waist. A kiss is pressed to your forehead.

"You look upset," he quips, tucking a strand of hair behind your ear. You sigh, pressing your head to his collarbone. "I'm not." You look up. "The night's been long, that's all." You both begin to walk down the hallway. You're not sure where he's taking you but you're just glad you're going there with him.

"Hey. Can I show you something?" Asks Giorno, and you raise an eyebrow as a million things race through your mind. "Sure?"

He grabs your hand and begins to run.

You run behind him, just barely keeping up. "Giorno!" You shout inbetween giggles and the clunk sounds your boots make, "where are we going?"

He turns back for a second to smile but says nothing else.

Giorno races you up a set of stairs. Both of your laughs echo off the concrete walls before you're both met with a door.

"Don't you think it's rude to ditch your own party?" You ask him, and he laughs. "We'll make an exception today. Close your eyes."

You do as he says. Something unlocks, and you feel the familiar sensation of Giorno's hand entering yours before you're pulled a little and met with a breeze. The roof.

"Okay. Open."

Your eyes open and your hand grips his tighter out of sheer excitement. "Oh my god, Giorno, the stars—"

It was almost as if the clouds you had seen from floors below were just...gone. All of the stars shined brightly almost as if just for you.

"Do you like it?"

You turn to Giorno to see him smiling almost as if he knew exactly how exited you'd be. You laugh in disbelief. "Do I like it? I'm at a loss for words, Giorno! This is..! This is—" you babble as you gaze up at the stars.

The music from the ballroom below makes its way up to the roof, where you both stand, and serves as a nice serenade as the stars above twinkle.

Giorno clears his throat, and you turn to him expecting him to make a statement.

"May I have this dance?"

Your eyes trail down to his outstretched hand.

You smile before your fingers entwine his. "I'm not that good of a dancer."

"Shh." He wraps an arm around your waist as he pulls you closer, and you place your hand on his shoulder. He gently holds your hand up. "That doesn't matter."

Before you know it, his feet are moving alongside yours and your forehead is yet again, pressed against his collarbone. "You're doing great," he whispers, and your breath hitches at the sound of his voice. You both sway alongside the breeze.

"It's been almost year since I've met you and you still get my heart racing," you laugh in disbelief. He laughs as well. "Do I?"

You stand a little taller to press a quick kiss to his lips. "You do."
———
Aaaa can't wait to see my boy animated!
Sorry about absence. Big things coming soon!
-Ma