capitolo 10 :: gioco che non puoi controllare

You hold your finger up to your lips as you motion for the other officers to stay in place, pistol in hand as you prepare to burst through the door. "Wait until I give you the signal to go in."

"One. Two. Three!"

You kick in the door to the run-down house, immediately pointing your gun around.

"Glad you came!"

You look ahead of you, and there sits a younger woman dressed extremely extravagantly, with two pigtails that were so long and fluffy they seemed to defy the laws of physics. Her eyes were a color you'd never seen before: somewhere between an intense red and black.

Keeping you gun up, you mutter a "Glad to make your acquaintance...?"

"They call me Valentina." Oh, That's right. The mob boss who stole money from Passione to gamble for anything to designer dresses to whole drug cartels.

Immediately after she says that, the doors behind you shut and lock. You turn around to see her assistants - which look similar to American secret service agents - closing up the doors.

"Afraid I'll escape, are you?" You purr, which makes her laugh. You laugh alongside her, before coming to an abrupt stop. "You know what I'm here for. I'm taking you in." You point your gun directly at her and pull the trigger--

But the gun...doesn't shoot. That was odd, it shot perfectly earlier. Pulling the trigger a couple more times, you eventually give up, shoving the damned contraption back into its little holster.

"Ah-Ah-Ah, you can't shoot in here~!" She giggles, which makes you grind your teeth in frustration. Valentina gets up out of her seat and traces a long, black-polished nail down your cheek. Leaning in, she quietly whispers into your ear: "if you're taking me in, you have to play a little gamble with me, L/N." She uses her other hand to tug at your name tag.

Pushing her off of you, you scoff. "Fine. Let's play." She snaps her fingers and her servants bring you a chair, which you sit in. "I'll make you a deal," she says. "If I win, I win. If you win, you take me in, fair and square." She licks her bottom lip. "That is, if you make it out alive."

You look at her once more to see she's loading a single bullet into a silver pistol, and a smile grows upon your face. "Russian Roulette, huh?" Valentina tosses you the gun and nods. "Good sport. You first."

You hold the gun up to your temple, and take a deep breath....

Click.

Nothing. You're safe. As you exhale in relief, You hand the gun to her.

She does the same as you-- take a deep breath, shut her eyes, say a final prayer -- and the gun clicks, and she's safe. But something about her seemed a little odd. She began to sweat a little and a small blush dusted onto her cheeks.

But you take the gun and take your turn, close your eyes, take a deep breath, pray again...and you're safe. So far, so good.

She does the same, and once again, she's safe. But the moment she pulls the gun away from her head, she lets out a stifled moan, her trembling hand traveling to squeeze the cloth between her legs. At the same time, she's sweating and the blush on her cheeks is bigger. "Ugh, Disgusting," you think to yourself. But what you really say is, "a-are you alright?"

"The thought of putting your life on the line..." she heaves, "it's just...it's just so thrilling! The despair!" Her hand shakes so much that she ends up dropping the gun. "Oops!" She giggles. Her servants hand her what seems to be the same gun.

Valentina tosses it to you. "Now," she whimpers, "it's your turn. Do it in your mouth, and maybe you'll feel the same way I do~!"

You raise an eyebrow, but put the gun in your mouth, and take a deep breath.

"Do it!" She cries. "You're pushing me to the edge!"

"Alright."

You take the gun out of your mouth and shoot her in the head, causing her to snap backwards for a split second then slump over dead.

Before you know it, you're fighting off her servants with four bullets in the chamber. One of them shoved you up against a hallway, and that's when you deploy the signal- a bullet through the house's wall.

And right then, a horde of officers burst through the door, shooting at whatever seemed fit to shoot at, and as soon as it started, the ordeal was over. The dust cleared and all around laid Valentina's deceased servants and Valentina herself.

"My god, what happened before we came?" Asked an officer, looking around at all of the bodies. You walk over to Valentina's corpse and lifted up the skirt, making a face at what you saw underneath: "I think she did."

A pained groan came from the floor, and a servant grabbed at your ankle, and that's when you spotted the gun that she had dropped earlier. You picked it up, and pointed at the agent, and it fired. "So she set me up to die, huh?" You asked yourself, pulling the trigger again, but nothing came out.

"No really, what happened."

"Oh. We played Russian Roulette."

"Did you win?"

"...Obviously."

"How?"

"Well, Luck and logic, if you don't mind me explaining...

"When Valentina loaded the gun, she loaded it in a way so when we came to the fifth turn, someone would get shot. She had me go first so she would avoid death: my turn, hers. My turn, hers. My turn would be the fifth turn. On top of that, she wanted me to put it in my mouth on the fifth turn, which would guarantee my death. She dropped the gun and was handed a new one, one that was fully loaded, which I knew because it was a small amount heavier than the other gun. So either way, she planned that I'd die. But I didn't."

You walk away from the crime scene, tracking blood from the floor onto the concrete steps outside. "Now get someone to clean this mess up, bodies and all. If any of the servants are still alive interrogate them. And now, please? Blood stinks."

"Yessir! I mean, Ma'am!" the officer scurried away, hopefully to call the cleaning crew.

As you walked out the door, you called out to the officer one last time. "And while you're at it, tell management that I'm out on break!"

(...and after almost dying and killing 11 people, y/n went to McDonald's.)
---
A/N:
This Definitely was not a filler chapter. I promise.
(On a side note: Seulgi's solo part at the beginning of Russian Roulette has me shook its good)
--Mom