capitolo 6 :: mio amico, il traditore

Saturday came faster than you had anticipated.

You had considered wearing a dress before you realized it was just a simple cup of coffee. So you decided on jeans, flats, and and a shirt with a little cactus sewn into the shirt pocket. You hoped Giorno wouldn't show up in his dress clothes because you'd look underdressed (and you just knew he would).

After making sure you looked presentable (and brushing your teeth five times) You strolled downtown to the coffee shop you two had planned to meet at.

You pushed open the doors, the familiar chime of the bell ringing in your ears, and nervously looked around the room. That's when you spotted him sitting at a table a few feet away, and you happily waved him over.

A smile spread into his face as he saw you standing there. He quickly stands up and makes his way over to you. "Glad you could make it, y/n!" Returning the smile, you say, "Wouldn't miss it for the world," shaking the hand that he offers to you.

Chatting as you two get in line to order, you couldn't have been happier to be able to spend some time with Giorno again.

But what you didn't know, like during every meeting that Giorno would have, at least 5 Praedisio would be on the premises.

And one of the five would be Rosa.

Standing undercover outside the coffee shop, she tugs at her dress's skirt. "This stupid undercover outfit is killing me," she complains to the Praesidio next to her. He doesn't care, but listens anyway, because she's his supervisor.

"Anyways," she tosses a lock of her hair to the side, "who's The Godfather meeting with this time around?" He shrugs, staring straight ahead. "I have no idea."

"Are we allowed to look inside to see them?" Asks Rosa.

"I have no idea."

"Aren't you a big help. Whatever, if I get fired, I've got a boyfriend who can pay the rent."

She turns her attention to the window and peers inside. "Now, which one of them is the boss...?"

"I have no idea."

"If you say that again I'll backhand you. I'll look for the best-dressed person there..."

She scans the coffee shops for anyone who would seem to be the boss. That's when she spots that same person with the golden braid that y/n was talking to earlier at the club.

"Oh hey, it's Goldie from the club," she smirks. "Who's he talking to--"

You turn your head to the side. Just enough to Rosa can see who you are through the window.

"Oh, my god, it's y/n!" Rosa places a hand over her mouth to keep herself from laughing. "She's dating him behind my back? I'm going to get her for not telling me this!"
---
"I hope you don't mind if I ask you what you were doing with your friends the other day again." Giorno says as he takes a sip of his drink, adding a smile at the end.

You sigh, crossing your legs. "One of my co-workers had a birthday party, if you could call it that. It was a mess, to say the least. You should have seen her when we left."

"I can imagine," he remarks, leaning back into his seat. "Co-worker...on a side note, where do you work?" Crap. What do you say? The organization never told you what to say to someone who asked.

"I work at a...perfume shop downtown. You?" He nods understandingly at your answer. "Office job."

"Ooh. What's it like?" You ask, ripping open a sugar packet to drop into your coffee. He shrugs. "It's alright. Surprisingly, it's not as boring as you think."

"Same with perfume. You'd probably like to know that we've made spraying people with perfume a store-wide game."

He chuckles at your comment.
---
The male Praesidio who was talking to Rosa earlier breaks the silence. "Rosa, we just got word of the boss's appearance...for protective reasons."

Rosa keeps her view inside the coffee shop, spying on y/n and her "date". "They're just giving it to us like that? Well, I guess. They probably don't want us killing the wrong person in a public place if something goes wrong. What's he look like?"

The officer clears his throat. "Don Giovanna is currently inside with a woman about 5"7 tall and (hair color) hair and a (skin color) skin tone--"

Rosa's eyes go wide. "WHAT?!" She looks back at y/n, then back at the male Praedisio. "What does he look like?!"

"Um...his hair is in a braid and--"

"MERDA SANTA!"

The officer looks at Rosa, concerned. She's sweating profusely and is going pale. "Are you alright, Sergeant Rosa?"

She only nods, but she's breathing heavily.

"...Sergeant Rosa?"

That's the last thing she hears before she faints.
---
Days later, you arrive at work, completely unaware of what happened in the previous days. You still couldn't get your date with Giorno out of your mind, and the fact this his number was in your phone made you giddy with excitement.

Needing a drink, you waltz over to the water dispenser at the back of the room. Rosa's getting her own drink in a dinky little paper cup. You couldn't wait to tell her about how your date went.

"Hey, Rosa!" You chirp happily. She turns around, and the moment she sees you approach her, all color drains from her face. "Oh my god, I couldn't wait to tell you how Saturday went--"

"Oh, I'msureitwentfine," she stutters, throwing away her paper cup and backing away slowly. You raise an eyebrow. "Are you okay? You're talking really fast--"

"Yep, totallyfine," she looks behind her shoulder. "Uh, Ihavetogoandgetsomestuffdonesorry," and like that, she just about runs away from the water dispenser.

As you fill your paper cup, you frown at what just happened. "Was it something I said?" You wondered. "She's usually over eager to talk to anyone."

"Hm. Maybe I should have told her about Giorno after we went to the club." You walk back over to your desk. "Whatever it is, I hope she feels better soon."
---
A/N
Okay on a side note, why is Dirty Deeds Done Cheap romanized as Filthy Acts At A Reasonable Price

Whoever did that is gonna catch these hands

(OH YEAH AND LIMP BISKIT IS ROMANIZED AS FLACCID PANCAKE)
-Mom