capitolo 4 :: caffè e fiori

It was your last day off. You had gotten almost no sleep because you were up all night trying to figure out how your car was returned. You were completely and utterly baffled. It even had the stupid onesie still in it, too. It was literally unexplainable.

Nonetheless, after getting up late once again, you decided to go out and do some errands today like a normal person. Since the weather was nice, you decided to wear a decent outfit of shorts, a free concert t-shirt, tennis shoes and sunglasses. And of course, your trusty purse.

You decided to walk downtown today because the risk of getting your car stolen again was way too high. At least, you thought. Plus, it was good exercise. Still feeling pretty groggy from lack of sleep, you went to get some coffee.

You walked into the shop and placed your order. As the barista was writing it down, your eyes immediately picked out that gold head of hair through the morning crowd just as he walked in.

He walked in with a friend, who apparently thought it was a good idea to wear a crop top made out of a long-sleeve shirt in May. He was too busy talking to them to say hi, but it was evident that they were going to order something as well once they got into line.

As the barista handed you your drink to go, you leaned in and whispered, "Blondie and his friend over there. I'll pay," and she nodded and wrote something on a pad, before walking away to take their order.

As you made your way out the door, you looked back one last time to see Giorno taking his wallet out, before the barista told him something and pointed in your direction.

He was a little surprised to see you there at first, but eventually, you both exchanged a smile and you exited the shop.

After throwing the empty cup in the trash you made your way to the grocery store to pick something up because you were not going to eat poorly-made party food for the next week. You didn't really know what you'd buy.

So you waltzed in, trying to act confident so the clerks wouldn't think you're just here to look, and walked over to the produce section. As you mindlessly shoved some potatoes into a plastic bag, you muttered to yourself "I really need to learn how to adult better."

But you eventually decided on just having plain spaghetti tonight like the proud Italian you were, even though it was a pretty typical choice. So along with the countless other crap you didn't know what you'd do with (like a pack of bacon and ranch dressing), you added some pasta to your cart.
---
Once you grabbed your last bag off the countertop, you decided to just take the bus to go home. Even with the physically-laboring job you had, carrying two heavy grocery bags up a mountain was too hard to do. Well, you could probably do it, you just didn't feel like it. The farthest it would go was halfway up the mountain, but you'd survive.

As the bus rolled up to the stop, you paid the fare and got on, picking a seat father back where you'd go unnoticed. You were checking your receipt over when the bus stopped, and someone walked up and sat next to you.

You glanced to the side to see that familiar golden braid, immediately making your day a tad better.

"I'm seeing you a lot today, aren't I?" You asked with a smile. Giorno chuckles. "I guess so. Thanks for the coffee, by the way."

"No problem," you say, tucking the receipt back into the bag. "Anything new happen?" He shakes his head. "No, not really, how about you?"

"Someone returned my car," you say, your face going a little pale. "I have no idea how or why, but they did. And I had a heart attack." You could have sworn Giorno smirked.

"That's good. But why are you riding the bus?" You shrugged. "I'm not gonna take another chance."

You both shared a light conversation as the bus rode down the street and up the hill.

Eventually, the bus stopped halfway up and you decided to get off. "Well, this is my spot," you mention, picking up your bags again. "See you around," he smiles, and you smile back. "I know I will."
---
"Sveta!" You cry once you open the door. She comes over, her claws tapping against the wood floor with each step. "Are you hungry?"

Weirdly put in a good mood, you excitedly told her about your errands and your third chance meeting with Giorno. She seemed somewhat eager to listen to you excitedly ramble about your day, but seemed even more eager to get fed.

You finally got the hint when she nudged your leg, motioning for you to shut up and feed her before she starves. You sighed, ending your train of thought and grabbed the bag of cat food.

You fill her bowl (making sure to give her a little more as a "thanks for listening" treat) and then get to unpacking your groceries, putting everything in its place until there was one bag left on the table. That was weird, you could have sworn that you had already unpacked everything.

At the bottom of the bag was a bouquet of Carnations.

You gasped at the sight of them, picking them up. No tag. No name. We're they from the other day? No, they couldn't have been. You wondered who might have slipped you these, or when you had picked them up. Maybe there was some sort of fairy godmother helping you...? No, that was stupid.

You placed them in a vase and got to making dinner. You took your sweet time getting everything ready--but it was after you had put the noodles in the boiling water is when you realized you had forgotten to buy the sauce.
---
A/N
WOOO IM ON A ROLL WRITING THESE     (╯✧∇✧)╯

---A/NWOOO IM ON A ROLL WRITING THESE     (╯✧∇✧)╯

-Mom