capitolo 13 :: più che amici

"Okay. Okay. Breathe in, breathe out."

You waited anxiously in your living room, pacing the carpet floor in full formal attire. You had done your best to get a dress and do your makeup, and hopefully it would pay off.

Sveta, sleeping soundly on the couch, opens one eye, and you give her a look of worry. "What do I do, Sveta?" She closes her eye again, and you let out a huff, a strand of hair hanging in front of your eye floating upwards. "Well, thanks for the help."

The doorbell rings and you almost fall over, your left foot buckling in shock. You quickly grabbed onto the arm of your sofa and stood yourself up. After checking to make sure that the heel on your shoe wasn't broken, you quickly shuffle over to the door.

As predicted, Giorno was standing there, dressed in a tux. He seemed to have been looking around your doorframe before he laid his eyes on you, standing there in the doorway. You smiled. "What do you think?"

He looks at you up and down, seemingly in awe-- before grinning proudly. "You look stunning." And you find yourself blushing, so you look down. "Aw, thanks...what do you say we get going?"

As you walk out of the gates, a limo pulls up, and something about it catches your eye. You could have sworn you had seen it somewhere before, but you push the thought aside. "Gio, you didn't have to rent a limo for this!" You gasp, covering your smile with your hand. He only looks at you smugly. "I didn't. That's my car."
---
The moment Giorno's chauffeur (which also made you wonder how rich he really was) pulls up to the building, you're taken aback at how large it is. You can see through the glass windows that there are several people that were obviously a much higher social rank than you were talking and drinking champagne inside.

"So, are you getting out?"

You hadn't even noticed that Giorno had opened the door to the car. You nodded, quickly removing yourself from the vehicle. "Oops, yeah. Sorry, it's just--woah, y'know?"

"Don't worry. You'll fit right in."

As you walked up to the intricately carved wooden door, you read off some personal rules (don't be rude, only speak when spoken to, don't eat too much...), and then took a deep breath, holding it in.

The moment you step in, your ears are hit hard with the familiar sound of a busy crowd and classical jazz music playing from somewhere in the corner of the room.

The first couple of whispers that you hear is "commoner" and "Giorno", sometimes bunched together with a couple of other more, well, unfavorable words. You cautiously stepped closer to Gio, but also tried to do your best as to not show your discomfort.

"There's someone I'd like you to meet," says Giorno, looking across the ballroom floor for someone, before his eyes light up for a second and he smiles, walking you over in that direction. "Mista!" He calls out, and someone with the weirdest hat you'd ever seen turns around and smiles, quickly making his way over to you. You recognize him from the coffee shop earlier.

"You're the girl from outside the alleyway!" He chirps, and you laugh. "Yeah, that's me! I'm y/n." You offer a hand, which he shakes enthusiastically. "She'll be here for the night, so treat her with respect, please," asks Giorno, somewhat pleadingly.

The three of you begin to engage in a conversation, and that's when you couldn't help but feel something just by your chest. Trying your best not to make a huge fuss about it, you quietly readjust the strap of your dress.