capitolo 12 :: prima volta

About two weeks after the dog incident, you found yourself at the coffee shop with Giorno once again, both casually enjoying your drinks and making small talk.

"You never told me how the whole dog situation worked out," he questioned you, raising his cup to his mouth. You looked down, letting a small laugh escape your lips. "Oh, god." Giorno smiles, his eyebrows just beginning to furrow. "What?"

"Kill me for this, but after you dropped me off, I went back downtown, found a stray, bought it a collar and called it Flora. They couldn't even tell the difference."

He nearly spits out his drink laughing, but only brings a hand to cover his mouth as he swallows the liquid. "Y/n, tell me that's not true." You put your hands up in defeat. "Well, what else was I supposed to do? Hopefully the thing doesn't have ticks."

"Oh, gosh..." he mutters, somewhat amused. "But thanks for being my accomplice. Again, I appreciate it. A lot." You swirl your (now cold) drink around in its cup, watching a small whirlpool form.

Giorno sets down his cup and looks towards the door. "If you're ready, wanna head somewhere else?" That grabs your attention. "Sure. I'm always up for surprises."

So you both dispose of your cups and head out towards the door. "Where are we headed to?" You ask him, and he only smiles in response. "Wherever the wind takes us."

You both end up walking around the city for a while before eventually deciding on visiting the fountain in the middle of the city. Watching kids lean over the side of the fountain and fish for change, people taking walks and old people feeding the pigeons really wasn't as bad as you'd think.

Giorno places his hands inside his pockets and looks at you with a smile. "I've been meaning to ask you this, but are you free next Saturday?" You nod. "Yeah, I should have my regular day off then. Why?"

"Pretty soon, my job is having a formal..."

Your heart skips a beat. Is he going to ask you to...?

"And I was wondering if you wanted to go with me."

Practically jumping out of your shoes in excitement, you nod (almost a little too enthusiastically). "Of course! What time?"

"I'll pick you up around 7:30, if that's alright."

"That's great! Ooh, I'm all exited now..."

He chuckles. "I'm glad."

"Anything particular I should wear?"

He thinks for a second. "Dress like you're going to a really fancy party. Just don't show up in one of those Victorian ball gowns."

Very fancy, huh? As much as you wanted to ask him what company he's the CEO of, you only chuckle at his remark. "Darn. I had one sitting in my closet that I was just dying to wear."

Giorno shakes his head in mock disappointment, keeping a smile on his face as he quietly appreciates your joke. "Maybe next time."

You open your mouth to say something, but you're interrupted by the sound of a chime, arranged into the familiar tune of Au Clair De La Lune. You turn around, and there's a truck...? "What's that?" You ask Giorno, genuinely curious, and he raises an eyebrow. "It's an ice cream truck, y/n."

"Oh! I've heard of them, but I've never actually seen one." He seems to be confused that you'd never seen an ice cream truck, a vehicle almost as common as a car, in your life. Catching onto his suspicions, you smile nervously. "I forgot to tell you, but I lived in the poorer parts of Italy when I was a child and I never...really...got to eat ice cream...on a stick."

His face softens a little bit. "You've never had it before, have you...well, there's only one thing I can do about that." He motions for you to follow him as he walks towards the group of kids swarming at the window of the truck.

Giorno points at the disfigured ice cream renditions of popular characters. "Pick one." You shrug, assuming that they all taste the same. "I don't know, I'll let you pick for me."

"Come on, it's your first ice cream, you should choose it."

"I have no idea which one I should get, Gio."

"Y/n."

"Okay, okay. I'll have the...yellow square one with the creepy smile."

"Spongebob?" He laughs, and you nod.

He orders you both a Spongebob ice cream, and you make sure to hand the vendor the money before Giorno does it for you. As he puts away his wallet, he gives you a frustrated look, and you only smile. "Stop it, you paid for our coffee."
---
"How is it?" Asks Giorno, as he takes a bite out of his Spongebob. Swallowing the piece that you had bit off, you smile. "It's actually not that bad, even if it's a little scary to eat." You pick out the little eyes and inspect them curiously. "What are these...?"

"I'll let you in on a secret...I think they're gumballs," He just about whispers to you, cracking a smile at the end of his sentence, which makes you giggle. To test his theory, you pop one into your mouth. "Oh, they are!"

After finishing off and shoving the stick in your pocket, you dust off your hands. "That wasn't that bad. I would actually eat that again."

"There's a trash can right here, you know," says Giorno, probably commenting on why you pocketed the stick.

"Well, I like this stick. It was my first ice cream stick, you get me?"

He scoffs. "You're something else."

"Says the guy who pins donuts to his forehead every morning."

"They're curls!" He corrects you, but you can't hear him over your laugh.
---
A/N
ahaha I kinda don't like the book covers I made anymore so I might change them, seeing all the other
A E S T H E T I C
book covers on wattpad right now. I might change them. But What do you guys think?
-Mam