capitolo 8 :: le campane squillano

It was that past Monday that your nonna called you, demanding that you were to go to your your distant cousin's wedding. After all, she did her best to keep everyone in touch, and it worked in the worst way, sometimes.

Needing someone to go with you for moral support, you relied on your own workforce.

Strolling over to Rosa's desk, you gave her a smile, and she looked up at you in utter fear. "Feeling better, Rosa?" She's unresponsive.

"Anyways, I've got to go to a wedding, and I know how much you love dressing--"

"I'mfine."

"What?" You look at her suspiciously. It's almost like she doesn't want to spend time with you. "Are you sure? I know how much you love free food--"

"I'mfine." And with that, she gets up, mutters something about needing to use the bathroom, and swiftly walks away. "What's her problem?" You think to yourself. Guess you'd just have to go alone.
---
The day came a couple days later. It was a short-noticed wedding, but it was far from being half-assed. In fact, you felt really out of place in your dinky white dress while everyone else showed up in designer gowns to the lavishly decorated chapel.

You stared around the elaborate decorations the church had to offer: the several life-size statues of holy figures, the stained glass windows, the ancient paintings and the centuries-old concrete, not paying attention at all to what was going on until everyone stood up and started clapping, signaling that the bride and the groom, which you had barely known, kissed.
---
"Our dear y/n here is doing quite well, isn't she?"

You snapped back to attention after concentrating on your half-empty glass of white wine, and nodded at the speaker - which happened to be your aunt. "Um, yes, you could say that."

"Where do you work, sweetheart? I never knew--"

"Perfume shop."

Although, you kept an entirely straight face, the small group who you were talking two laughed. "Oh, you're so charming. What's your current status?" You look at your uncle oddly. "...status?"

"What he means, dear, if if you've got a boyfriend yet."

You stiffen a little. What do you say?! Eventually, you decide on a "Sort of," causing one of your cousins to squeal. "SORT OF?! Oh my goodness, our little y/n is growing up!!" She shakes you violently, causing you to spill some wine on the floor. Let's hope it was cheap. "So, what's he like?"

Really, you could go on and on and on about Giorno, but you decided not to. Out of his own privacy, right? "Um, well, we're friends, but I mean, he's not, um, my boyfriend boyfriend--"(...at least not yet, you said to yourself.)

"Ooh! What does that mean?" She coos. You shift your feet. "Um, I'll tell you after I get some more wine."

Dismissing yourself from the conversation and moving away from the group, you make your way over to one of the several tables littered with gourmet food and stand by it awkwardly.

What was good, though, was that the newlyweds had started their dance together, and the spotlight of the room shifted to them and not your current relationship status.

As you poured some more wine into your glass (and pondered if you could just let yourself go right here and now, and chug the whole 4 bottles on the table), you muttered to yourself what you would have been doing if you were snug at home with Sveta. Probably watching movies or doing the laundry. Anything would have been better than being here.

Someone brushes into you, making you spill some more wine onto the floor for the second time today. Looking up with a scowl at whoever did it, your frown evolved into a full-on glower as you met face-to-face with Angie.

Her stomach had swollen a considerable amount from when you had last seen her. "Oh, look what the cat dragged in," she spat. It took every ounce of determination in your body to not make yourself punch her in the face.

"So, any word on how you're gonna cure this thing's Jaundice?" You sneer at her, poking her stomach. She swats your hand away. "Don't insult Marco like that! What are you gong to do now, leave with all the food again?"

"Marco...so that'a what the little lizard's name is going to be." You brush past her. "Whatever. If you need a Jaundice cure, call me."

The sappy slow dance music fades away and the lights brighten up after being dimmed. The bride waved her bouquet around with a smile, signaling that she was going to toss it.

Your aunt taps your shoulder. "Y/n sweetie, catch it! We need all the luck we an get for your wedding-- well, it's not like you won't find a good husband with that beautiful physique of yours!" She adds a playful laugh as she finishes her sentence. You force a smile, but really, you felt like dying.

"Alright, who will catch it?!" Yells the bride, and a couple of girls (who are definitely all single and desperate) scream in excitement, grasping at the air like it has something to offer.

The bride points the bouquet down at the floor in preparation to throw it.

"One!"

"Two!"

"THREE!"

You watch the bouquet sail into the air, and several woman run towards it:

Until it falls directly into your hands.

Everyone looks at you and starts clapping, your cheeks going red with embarrassment. You wondered what would have happened if you had just dropped it. A couple of girls growl in frustration, and your aunt is going crazy.

You only offer an extremely forced smile to cover up how mortifying the situation is.

"Y/N, YOU CAUGHT IT!"

"Not really--"

"Ohmygod, Did you know the flowers signify who you're going to marry?"

"Oh, do they?"

You look down at the bouquet and your jaw drops a little.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?"

"The flowers..."

"What's wrong with them?"

"They're Carnations."
---
A/N
Keep scrolling sweethearts

Almost there

Ur welcome-Mom

Ur welcome
-Mom