capitolo 17 :: amici

Your thoughts about what dinner tonight would be are interrupted by your Supervisor leaning out of his office and shouting, "Y/N! ROSA! GET IN HERE, QUICKLY!"

Not hesitating to spring up from your desk, you quickly walk over to the door of his office, wondering what he wants this time (it seems pretty urgent). As you walk by, a couple people give you looks of sympathy, thinking that you both had messed up big-time since you got called into his office in such a manner.

As you walk in, you noticed that Rosa had beat you there, already leaning against the wall and giving you a dirty look as you shut the door behind you and sat down in the rolling chair in front of his metal desk. You smile and wave at her, and she rolls her eyes.

"You two are the only ones available for the job right now, but someone from the agency tipped off a drug exchange between some people who are on wanted, and we need you to go and intercept." He leans back into his chair, and you take a glance outside and scoff. "It's pouring. Who would do a drug exchange now? Your coke's going to get soaked."

"You won't be able to do your meth if it's covered in rainwater, can you?" Your supervisor says, which then sends him into a fit of laughter. You nervously look at Rosa - like you always used to do in the midst of a poorly-executed joke - and she isn't even smiling.

"I guess it's less likely to get caught when you do it...when it's least expected." You adjust the collar of your uniform. "Well, just give us the details and we'll be straight on it!"
---
You and Rosa walk out into the parking lot, and it's still pouring hard, if not, harder.

"Hurry, or else you'll get soaked!" You tease, running towards the car you'd be taking to the scene and quickly getting in. Rosa isn't even by the door. Looking behind you, she's going against your words of caution by simply walking to the car, her hands in her pockets and a scowl on her face.

She finally gets into the car, dripping wet, and sits next to you obviously very grudgingly. You sigh. "You're soaking the seat through, but obviously you don't care, do you." As you back out, you sigh. "Sorry, I don't have anything to help you dry off with, but I can turn on the AC...!"

Rosa scoffs. "Okay. Whatever, bitch." You sigh in response. Sure, that was a little rude to say (and was totally untrue) but, maybe...maybe now would be a nice time to resolve what happened with Rosa.

For some reason, you exhale before you start speaking. "Listen. I know you're still feeling that slap on your cheek, and I still remember what you said to me. But please, let's just set our grudges aside for this mission, okay? We gotta work together like we used to."

"Grudge? It's more than that, y/n, but I don't care anymore. He's your sugar daddy, not mine." You frown and turn to Rosa quickly as you drive the car through the rain, only staring at her for a second before looking back at the road. The window wipers squeak back and forth and rain beats against the roof of the car as she stares out the window, refusing to talk to you any more.

"Hey, listen, Rosa. The road has been pretty rough, but I forgive you."

She still doesn't turn her head. As you roll into the empty field, you sigh, taking out the piece of paper your supervisor had handed to you and scanning over the information one more time. "Okay. You can be stubborn like that. But we're here, so be on the watch for that, um...white truck. And remember, do your best because you never know if this might be your last--"

"There." You turn your head to the side and she's nodding towards a rusty truck rolling slowly into the field. You smile, giving her a pat on the shoulder. "There you go! Making progress already." She flinches at your touch.

Someone - it's hard to tell who it is through the rain - gets out of the truck and opens the back, and the stacks of the payload is clearly visible. "Looks like we have our guy," says Rosa, and you nod enthusiastically. "Okay, Let go get 'em. On three - One, two, three!"

You both spring out of the car and point your handguns. "STAND STILL!" You yell, and the person who opened the back of the truck is obviously surprised before he panics, grabs his own gun and begins to shoot at the both of you.

As you duck behind your car door, two more people come out from the truck start to shoot at the both of you, bullets lodging themselves into the car. You've succeeded in starting yet another standoff and you pray that this one would go without any major casualties.

The rain is making it nearly impossible to see, but you get a couple of good shots in, only trying to immobilize the people who were in the truck-- after all, you'd need them alive for questioning later on. "Rosa! Doing okay?!" You shout over the gunshots, and you can't quite hear what she said if she said anything.

Eventually, the smoke clears and the gunshots subside. Dusting off your uniform and blowing the smoke off the end of your gun, you grin. "Rosaline. Help me get all of these guys in cuffs." She isn't standing-- er, crouching where she used to be, which makes your heart skip a beat. "Rosa?"

You walk over to that side of the car, your feet dragging along the mud.

Rain soaks your clothes and your hair, dripping down your face as you look down at the ground. A red fluid soaks your shoes. Oh, god - First, a ruined secret and now this.

Not even caring to watch out for the other truck or more people who could kill you, your trembling hand reaches for your radio. "Dispatch."

"Reporting."

"I'd like to report a deceased member."
---
A/N
(Hm. There's nothing here.)