Chapter 10

We were all talking for a while after that, trying to keep the subject off Harry and his destiny when Hermione suddenly stood up and asked in a hurry, "What day is today?"

"Thursday. Why?" I said drawing out the y.

She shrieked, "It's O.W.L. result day! I nearly forgot with Fleur around and everything. Our exam scores are supposed to come in the mail today. We have to go see if they've come yet! Come on."

She threw open the door and ran down the stairs. The rest of us looked at each other quickly then took off after her.

We made it downstairs just as she was asking Molly, "You're sure no owls have come with our results yet?"

Molly nodded, bemused, "Yes dear I'm sure. It's not even midday yet, I'm sure they'll be here soon."

Hermione didn't seem to like this answer. She plopped herself down at the kitchen table and began to pick at the grapes on a  plate in the center of the table. It seemed as if she planned to wait here for her owl to come. We all sat around the table with her-even Ginny who had nothing to worry about.

Less than an hour later Hermione jumped out of her chair pointing out the window, "I see them!"

Sure enough, five beautiful owls were coming our direction. They looked like school owls. Molly took the papers from their legs as they came in before sending them on their way with a treat.

"Harry, Jessica, Blake, Hermione and Ron," she read as she gave each of us our envelope.

I opened mine, as the excitement in my stomach grew. There were a few classes I wasn't as strong in that I was curious to see how I had done. The paper read:

Ordinary Wizarding Level Results

Pass Grades                Fail Grades

Outstanding (O)            Poor (P)

Exceeds Expectations (E)        Dreadful (D)

Acceptable (A)            Troll (T)

Jessica Snape has achieved:

Care of Magical Creatures         O

Charms                O

Defense Against the Dark Arts    O

Divination                 O

Herbology                 E

History of Magic            O

Potions                O

Transfiguration            O

I let out a sigh of relief. I had done better in Herbology than I thought I would. It was probably because I had made Neville help me study for it. Everything else was as good as I thought it would be, though I was slightly astounded by the Outstanding in Divination, the test seemed easy, but I knew I hardly knew most of the material we had gone through during class.

"How did you do?" asked Blake coming to stand next to me.

"Outstanding in everything except Herbology, shocker. How about you?"

"I did pretty well. Got Outstanding in Potions and Es or As in everything else."

"Oi Harry how's yours?" I heard Ron ask as I listened in for his reply.

"I got an Outstanding in Defense Against the Dark Arts!" he exclaimed, "And I only failed History of Magic and Divination, and those don't matter. Everything else I passed, what about you?"