Chapter 30

Nothing major happened until the second to final day of break.

Charlie, his girlfriend, Bill and Fleur had all left leaving just the school aged kids at the Burrow. We were all sitting at the table eating lunch when there came a knock at the door.

Molly went to open the door and she nearly screamed, "Percy!"

The whole tabel immediately got up and went to the door to see our newest visitor. There were glasses plastered on everyone's faced, with the exception of Mrs. Weasley. She was hugging Percy as we all came over.

He wasn't even the strangest visitor because next to the him stood the new Minister of Magic, Rufus Scrimgeour. THe man was a buffoon as I could tell, but he was a great deal more aggressive than Fudge had ever been. THe issue with his aggression was that it wasn't directed at any of the right people . He had Stan Shunpike arrested for consorting with Voldemort as if that man was capable of any such thing! THe Ministry was a mess, and their efforts being wasted against people that were obviously innocent .Not that they would ever admit they had screwed up of course.

Percy looked like he did not want to be here at all, but allowed himself to be hugged by his mother. HE met the glares of the rest of his family with a glance at the floor and then looking back to the Minister as though he despised the man for bringing him here.

"Well we were in the area and Percy couldn't give up the opportunity to come see his family, so we decided to pop by really quickly," Scrimgeour explained even though Percy looked as though nothing short of the complete opposite was true.

It did not' escape my notice that the Minister went over to Harry and pulled him a bit away from where Molly was still fawning over her son. I mouthed "are you okay?" and he shook his head so I let it go.

I even let it go when the Minister said, "Harry and I are just going to go stretch our legs, and allow you all to be with Percy for a bit."

Harry came in with the Minster at his heels less than fifteen minutes later, "Come Weasley we must be going, " he said shortly to Percy.

Percy nodded and couldn't keep the relief off his face, "Oh so promise you'll come visit again soon," Molly cried.

"Goodbye mother," Percy said before darting out the door with the Minster.

As soon as he left Molly turned to us and looked as though she was going to cry so the kids quickly excused themselves and allowed Arthus to deal with it.

Up in the safety of Ron's room surrounded by Hermione, Harry, Ginny and myself Ron asked, "So what did the Minister of Magic wand with you mate?"

Harry scowled, as though still angry about the conversation he had with our leader, "He seemed to be under the impression that I should support the Ministry since it would be good for morale if the boy-who-lived supported the Ministry. He didn't seem to like when I told him I thought they were doing everything wrong, and would never support them."

I laughed, "Hell yeah Harry, give it to them."

He smiled, "Yeah he told me I was Dumbledore's man through and through, as if that's a bad thing. That crazy man thinking he could worm his way in here, which is literally the only time I'm not with Dumbledore."

"You would think Ministers of Magic would learn not to screw with you or Dumbledore after Fudge but apparently not," I said with a scowl that matched Harry's original one.

A couple days later and we were all lining up by the fireplace to take the Floo back to Hogwarts. THe ministry had set up a safe Floo network from each student's home to the school, so it would be safer than taking the Hogwarts Express.