Chapter 47

Putting my items in the Locker of in Between I found my feet carrying me up to the Hospital Wing.

When I walked in I saw Bill Weasley in a bed laying down surrounded by everyone in his family (less Charlie and Percy and surprisingly Mrs. Weasley) and Harry and Hermione.

Neville was in the bed next to him, but he was sitting up and talking, so I figured he had to be generally okay. Luna was standing next to him. I hadn't seen her when I first came into the room because she was blocked by the herd of Weasleys.

Still I walked over to him and asked, "Are you alright?"

He reached out for a hug and I happily obliged, "I'm doing okay. I just got a bit hurt on a fall I took. I hope you don't mind but when we heard the fighting we wanted to help but we were scared to go out there without any help. I knew where you had hidden you're Felix Felicis so Ginny and I split it. I think it helped, because most of the spells seemed to miss us."

I squeezed him even harder, "Hey, if it helped you then I don't care at all. I'm so glad you're okay. Is everyone else okay? I heard something about a body?"

"One of the Death Eaters was killed, and Bill got really hurt, and Flitwick got a little hurt too, but that's all. How are you holding up?"

"I'm glad everyone is okay. Do you reckon Bill is going to be okay?" I asked, ignoring his last question.

Neville leaned in and whispered, "Well Greyback got him, so he's going to be, different, but other than that he's going to be fine. Lupin in going to come in and talk to him soon about what he can do to keep himself safe, and his family safe. Mrs. Weasley went to go get Fleur."

"Does everyone absolutely hate me?" I asked with a sigh.

He shook his head hard, "Absolutely not. How were you supposed to know he was going to do that. If anything, you're more hurt than the rest of us here. No one hates you Jessica."

"Good, that's probably more than I deserve," I replied with a sigh.

Lupin took this moment to race into the Hospital Wing followed by Tonks and Sirius, "Are you okay?" Sirius asked Harry.

Harry nodded and allowed his godfather to bring him into an embrace. Arthur greeted Lupin and Tonks.

"Do you really think he's going to be a real werewolf?" Molly asked quietly, "It wasn't the full moon or anything."

"I don't think he will be a true werewolf, no. However, he certainly will have some wolfish characteristics, and those nasty marks will never really go away. There's no cure for werewolf marks I'm afraid."

"Maybe Dumbledore will know more," Sirius said, "That man knows everything."

The room grew silent. I suspected the Weasleys knew what had happened already, but it was apparent Lupin, TOnks and Sirius weren't aware.

"Dumbledore is dead," Ron finally told them.

"No way," Sirius said, "That man is near immortal I swear. There's no way he could be dead now."

"He is. Snape killed him," I finally spoke up.

"How do you know that?" Lupin asked.

"We saw it happen," Harry chimed in.

Lupin and TOnks sat down on the bed as Tonks began to cry a bit. Sirius stood standing and began to pace, raking his hand through his shaggy hair.

"We all always wondered why he trusted that man, but it seems like he had everyone fooled. Why he didn't see this coming is beyond me."

"He was a very skilled Occlumens. I couldn't tell and Dumbledore couldn't tell he was going to do that and we were the two people closest to him."