Chapter 37

I don't normally do this but this is for one of, if not the most, supportive reader I have and I wanted to give back. If you like these sort of stories but want something a bit lighter go check out her "Hacked by the Half-Blood Prince" Slytherin_princess5 on her profile! love you all for all your support there's about 100 of you that read this story immediately and that's crazy ❤️

"What did you do?" questioned Hermione though she didn't receive an answer.

"Let me in!" bellowed a voice from outside.

A tiny second year scampered through the door looking terrified followed by my father who looked furious, "I'm sorry, he said he needed to see you so I let him in," the second year apologized.

"Don't worry about it," I told her flashing her a small grin before turning to my father, "And what can I do for you?"

He can striding over to me and pulled me by my robes until I was up against the wall, "What the hell do you think you were doing in class today?" he seethed.

Without even raising my voice I said, "Let go of me right now."

He merely held on tighter and pushed me a little more, "Answer me!"

Instead of answering him I blasted him back so he hit the wall behind him. He got up with a look of astonishment on his face and faced me who was staring at him with my eyes blazing.

"Do. Not. Touch. Me."

He pulled his wand out of his cloak and asked, "What has gotten into you Jessica?"

"Oh I dunno, maybe I'm just tired of being treated like a child," I replied brandishing my own wand for show, "Perhaps you won't think so little of me if I can kick your ass."

"I'm not going to fight you Jessica. You need to calm down, you're making a scene."

I gestured around the crowd that had gathered, "I don't mind if anyone watches me settle some family drama that's been going on all year. You can't keep secrets from me and leave the castle without telling me!"

"I do not need to answer to you or tell you where I'm going, I'm your father."

"You're worse than my mother," I seethed.

Perhaps I took it too far because his face dropped and his eyes turned to stone, "You don't mean that."

I was already committed, "I do. At least she never treated me like a child."

"You want to be treated like an adult. I'm sure a duel is just what adults would do in this situation."

"Don't speak to me in that condescending tone! Stupefy!"

He blocked it easily and looked shocked, "Jess stop this."

Instead of heading him, I shot a few more spells at him. Nothing serious, and he was able to deflect them easily, but it did make me feel a bit better.

"Will this make you feel better? To beat me in a duel?"

I just scowled and kept throwing spells at him, willing him to fight back. And fight back he did. He soon was sending spells my direction. Nothing I couldn't handle, and I made sure to deflect them away from other students as well, but I was slowly working through my anger.

"You could've been hurt and I wouldn't have even known that was the last time I would see you!" I screamed, "Since when is it you and Dumbledore and not me and you, we've been doing this together just the two of us just fine. I can help."