Chapter 25

Really long chapter, so sorry about that, but some of you will definitely really enjoy this chapter. I got a bit carried away writing it which is why it's so long, but most of it's fluff. I really enjoyed writing this though so I hope you like it :)

I went back to the castle and grabbed my things from my dormitory to bring down to the dungeons for when we left. I ran into Blake on my way down a corridor to my father's personal chambers.

"Hey best friend," I greeted cheekily, "How are you?"

He replied, "Same old. I can't complain though, I get to go home with you guys for Christmas."

Once we had gotten home, the three of us settled in for a while. There were four days until I was going to head to the Burrow and Blake head back to his home, so there was no need to unpack all the way.

That night we were all sitting on the floor playing a muggle board game called Catan when Blake's stomach growled.

Severus laughed shortly, "I guess that means it's time for dinner I suppose. I haven't gotten anything to make anything with, so do you guys want to go out to the diner tonight?"

Once we got back from the diner Severus told us he was going to bed, "Old man," I teased him, "It's not even ten yet."

He merely shrugged and replied, "I'm glad that you're so intelligent you've figured out I'm old."

I scowled at him but turned back to Blake with a glint in my eye, "Are you up for some late night adventuring?"

He hesitated, "I'm not sure we should."

I rolled my eyes at him, "We won't go far, just to the end of the block to the playground. Oh, come on, it'll be fun."

"And they say Slytherins are supposed to be the bad influence," Blake started with a laugh.

I punched his arm and asked, "So are you coming or are you a wimp?"

He stood up and grabbed his jacket, "Of course I'm in."

The two of us snuck out the door and into the dimly lit street. One of the street lights had gone out, so there was only one left. The dull yellow tint did nearly nothing to break the darkness that consumes the street.

As we walked to the playground Blake cleared his throat and asked, "So, you and Neville then?"

I shook my head, "No, not really. Well kinda, but no."

"As bad as it is, I actually understand what you just said. You don't need to say anything more. It seemed like Ron was playing a lot better that last game, what happened?"

It was odd for me to have Blake asking questions about my friends. There was a point where he was in the group with me, and would've already known. Besides it had been a few weeks. Had we really not spoken since then?

"He got some confidence. It's a funny story actually, "I started before launching into a full explanation of how Harry pretends to put his potion in Ron's drink.

Once we reached the playground I made a dash for the swings, "Come on," I said, "They're fun!"

Blake got on the one beside me and pulled something out of his pocket. He took a sip from it then offered it toward me. I shrugged and took it from him. I took a deep sip, letting the firewhiskey burn my throat. I had learned how to turn down my Draca powers so that alcohol could have an affect on me, although I hadn't figured out how to do it for potions yet.

A few more drinks later and we were both a little tipsy. We were giggling hysterically while pushing ourselves higher and higher on the swings.

"You know we could do anything we wanted right now?" I called.