Chapter 16

Snow day=extra update, I hope you enjoy! Bit of a filler, my apologies

The next week passed in a flash. Soon enough it was Saturday evening, and Quidditch tryouts were going to be the next morning. Harry would be holding them the next morning. I was not afraid about making the team again, but I too needed to tryout against anyone else that had signed up.

It was apparently a lot of people, "There are  frightening number of people signed up to tryout tomorrow," Harry told us at dinner that night, "I don't know why the team became so popular all the sudden. I am not good at making decisions like this.

Hermione scoffed, "Oh come on. Quidditch isn't what's popular, it's you! You've never been more interesting or more fanciable."

This caused Ron to nearly choke on the steak in his mouth as he gapped at Hermione in wonder.

"Yeah I agree. It's definitely you," I said, "Everyone knows you've been telling the truth this whole time, so no one hates you anymore. You're a legend already, and now people are calling you the Chosen One, everyone wants to be around you. Girls particularly are interested immensely by a celebrity. Especially a decently attractive one."

Now it was Neville that made a guttural sound in the back of his throat as he struggled to finish swallowing a piece of steak. I shot him a quick smile. He had misinterpreted me, I had no feelings toward Harry in that way. Neville was still all I wanted, he shouldn't have to be worried about Harry.

"Okay let's go out to the pitch," Harry said to me and Ron.

On the way out we passed by Lavender Brown, and Parvati who both glanced at us then Parvati whispered something in Lavender's ear and they both laughed, "Shush," Lavender reprimanded through her giggles.

"Hi Ron!" Parvati greeted then laughed again.

He looked confused, "Hi guys."

"Hi," Lavender replied softly and I knew that it must've been Lavender that liked him, not Parvati.

Tryouts were a mess. It seemed as though half the house was here to try out. There were people that looked like they have never been on a broom before, as well as some other fools.

Harry divided people up into groups of ten to have them try to fly around some. The first group of first years were hardly able to fly and quickly dismissed. The second group was full of girls that all giggled at Harry, and I noted Romilda Vane in the mix. The third was full of Hufflepuff students. Harry's patience was beginning to wane as he got to my group and the fifth group. We were all the only skilled people trying out, so we continued tryouts with just us.

At the end Harry announced his choices, "I would continue to be Seeker. He, Katie, and Ginny were going to be Chasers, a couple new guys, Jimmy and Ritchie were going to be Beaters.

Ron had gotten the Keeper position over Cormac McLaggen which he looked elated about, and secretly I was too. Cormac had been eyeing Hermione cheering for us the whole time, and I wasn't too into it.

When Harry announced Ron as the Keeper Hermione ran out of the stands and cheered, "Yeah Ron!" and gave him a hug.

Both Cormac, and Lavender Brown gave her a rather nasty glare after she did that. I would have to keep an eye on that whole mess, there was a lot to be gained or lost here.

On our way to Hagrid's hut a couple days later, after Quidditch practice Ron was recounting his saves during tryouts, "Mine were brilliant! But did you see that last one Cormac missed? It looked as if he had been Confounded or something."

At this I noticed Hermione look down and turn a deep shade of red, "Well moving on from your brilliant tryouts Ronald, we have to see Hagrid! He's been mighty upset with us lately, for not having taken his class."

Once we knocked on the door Hagrid nearly growled at us but he let us in, "So now yer guys come 'and see me now do ya? Think I'm lonely or somthin'?"

Hermione replied flabbergasted, "No Hagrid, we wanted to take your class, honest! It just didn't fit into any of our schedules."

"Rubbish," he muttered.

There was a giant vat in his cabin that I tried to get him distracted by, "What are those giant grubs Hagrid?"

He looked at them sadly, "Those are for Aragog. He isn't doing too well though, I might not be feeling him for much longer."

"Aw Hagrid, is there anything we can do?" asked Hermione sweetly.

"I don' think so," choked Hagrid, "Thanks fer offerin'"

We stayed there for a few more hours until Hagrid ushered us out at dusk, sending us back to the castle to catch up on homework and the sort.

"I'm famished," complained Ron as we strode into the Great Hall, "Not that Hagrid's rock cakes aren't delicious or anything, but they don't hit the spot as well as any food we can get in there."

We were just about to sit down when Slughorn cut us off, "My dear Harry, what do you think of ditching this dinner and having some with me instead? Ms. Wallwirt, and Granger of course will be welcome to come as well. I have a few others already joining us, it should be a good time!"

He ignored Ron, as though he wasn't there at all but Harry replied, "That sounds lovely sir, I'm sure we'd all love to go there instead. What time should be expect to meet you there?"

"How about in an hour, at 8?"

Harry nodded and replied, "We look forward to it then sir."

He left and Ron was left looking grumpy at not being invited, "I'm going down to my father's office real quick. I'll be back in a little."