Chapter 22

Ron, with his newfound confidence was amazing during the game. He made saves that nobody had any business saving. Soon the whole crowd was chanting Weasley is Our King. Once I caught the Snitch and Gryffindor had officially won the game all the tension between Ron and the rest of the team was long forgotten as they followed the cheering crowd up to the Gryffindor common room for a party.

Drinks were being passed around along with food and candy that someone had nicked from the kitchens at some point .There was an insane amount of shouting and yelling.

Soon Ron was hoisted on the shoulders of a few of the older kids as everyone kept chanting Weasley is our King. I suppose Harry was right, he really did just need some confidence even if we had given him a fake potion. Once he was put down a girl in our class went up to him hesitantly at first, then forcefully threw herself into his arms and began to kiss him,.

The crowd erupted in cheers, but Harry and I exchanged a look then glanced at Hermione who looked furious.

She pulled away from the two of us and said, "I have to go."

She didn't make it out the door. Ron pushed the girl, whom I recognized as Lavender Brown now, off of him. He quickly apologized to her then rushed over to Hermione.

Harry and I were beside Hermione at this point to try to comfort her but Ron spoke before we could stop him, "She's not who I want to be kissing."

With that he took Hermione's face in his hand and kissed her gently, as if asking if it was alright. When he pulled back he stared into her eyes and I made eye contact with Harry who was watching the whole ordeal nervously. Hermione smiled widely then put her arms around his neck and kissed him again. The party erupted in even louder cheers than before.

They kept kissing for a few more moments, finally letting lose the sexual tension that had been building for several months, if not years now. When they pulled away they both were flushed and glancing nervously at each other then returning their attention to the ground.

"Do you want to go somewhere to talk?" Hermione yelled over the shouts from our classmates.

Ron merely shook his head and allowed her to lead him out of the common room by the hand. I knew it was after hours, but I was sure they would make sure they weren't caught, and this talk was long overdue.

Harry looked like he was struggling internally over whether he should be happy or sad so I patted him on the shoulder and told him, "Remember what I told you. Nothing can make them need you any less, even if they get together. We can worry about this tomorrow once they figure out what they want to do, now go have fun with your girl," I said gesturing to Ginny who had come over to Harry and held out her hand to lead him back into the rest of the party.

With all my friends gone I grabbed a drink and sat down on the couch reveling in the noise of the party and the general good feelings in the air. Sure there was a war approaching but right now all these kids were worried about was having a bit of fun. I grew sad as I thought about the fact that soon all the kids in this room were going to hate me.

I was pulled from my thoughts by the couch cushion sagging to my right, "Hello," Neville greeted.

Instantly I could feel my spirits lift a little bit, "Hi Neville," I said a bit flushed.

"What are you doing all the way over here; are you not enjoying the party?" he asked, handing me some Every Flavour Beans.

I shook my head, "It's been a good time, but it's been going on for a long time and it's extremely loud. I guess I just needed to take a quick break, grab something to drink before I dove back in."