Chapter 15

Hey so I'm looking for new music to listen to so if you want to drop your Spotify name in the comments or just follow mine: heyitskayla28 and I can follow you back or drop some song suggestions even!

A little over a week later I found myself back in the Headmaster's office, this time with Severus by my side, along with Draco.

"He really needs you to go now?" Dumbledore asked, obviously frustrated.

My father looked pale, "Yes. He wants Jessica, Draco and me to meet him tonight. They will work on preparations for the task set before Draco. He's now been allowing me to help him, I am afraid he will hurt himself soon, and the Vow will have been broken."

"Very well. You can take them tonight. Since they don't have classes tomorrow, with it being a Saturday, perhaps you should just come back tomorrow. Let Draco spend some time with his parents, and the two of you can have some time to process."

We were all flitting around the subject, trying to save everyone's feelings. There was a lot on the line for my father, Draco and Dumbledore. In this, I was nothing more than a bystander for the most part.

The three of us appeared at the door of Malfoy Manor about an hour later. We were led to the back room as usual. The Dark Lord was sitting at the table, gently stroking Nagini with one hand, waiting for us.

"Glad you could get everyone out so easily Severus," he greeted as we sat down.

"Of course my Lord."

"Now Draco, how are things going? I know using the cabinet to sneak people in has not been working so well. We need to focus on other options to try to get this done with before the end of the year. I want someone under my influence at the head of Hogwarts next year."

Draco's already translucent skin, turned even whiter, "I was thinking perhaps poisoning some wine that I know Slughorn plans to give him as a gift. I am working tirelessly on making the cabinet work, and have been in correspondence with Mr. Borgin till. He hasn't done anything to it, and we should be able to transport from his shop, oce we fix it."

"I think perhaps you and your father should go speak with him tonight about how he thinks you should fix the one at school."

Draco didn't seem to see this as a dismissal but Voldemort looked at him expecting him to get up and go, so I nudged him lightly and he left.

"Now Severus, you are still helping him I hope?"

My father nodded, "Of course my Lord. I cannot wait until we are able to eliminate the only perceived hindrance to your plan at the current moment."

Hearing these words course from his mouth with such ease made me feel a sense of pride in my father. Here he was deceiving one of the greatest wizards of all time, and with ease. I always froze up when i tried to lie, and prove my loyalty. Severus however was doing so much better than I was. If I didn't know any better, I would've really thought he wanted Dumbledore gone. I knew he had his differences with the man, and often felt used by him, but there was a lot of respect for the old wizard in severus's mind.

"Jessica, I do not need you to be involved with helping with this directly. Once the time comes, I will let you know what I want each of you to do depending on whether it will be better to have you on our side outwardly, or still be an inside agent."

I nodded, "Of course my Lord. I am delighted to assist in anyway I can."

"I think we should train again tonight, we have not in a while. We also must speak one-to-one Jessica, I have big plans for you one day. Severus, I will send her home when we are done. I imagine you are not expected back until tomorrow I do hope?"