Chapter 44

as promised here's part two!
Suddenly the door crashed open and in strode two people I recognized as the Carrows, "Oh Dumbledore cornered and all alone, it's our lucky day."

"Ah, the siblings Carrow," Dumbledore said as if he had just run into the pair on the street.

"Do it," came a voice I recognized.

"Fenrir is that you?" questioned Dumbledore.

The werewolf emerged from the shadows, "Happy to see me aren't you? You see, your boy Draco helped me out over the summer, figured I would return the favor. Not to mention there are plenty of young students here for me to feast on. You know how much I love the taste of children."

"I do, and I must say it disgusts me."

"Do it already Draco!" yelled Dolohov who came through the door next.

Draco was still frozen still. A familiar pair of shoes strode past us then stopped and looked down. I saw my father's face through the stairs.

He came back down a few stairs and came to where me and Harry were hiding. He put a finger to his mouth to tell us to keep quiet. I relaxed a bit, even if Dumbledore was a bit hurt right now, Severus and he could surely keep the Death Eaters at bay enough to get away.

He bent down so his face was immediately in front of mine and then I realized there were tears in his eyes, "I love you," he mouthed.

He pulled me in for a hug which I received graciously, "Everything I do, I do for you," he whispered in my ear.

I wasn't sure what he was talking about but I appreciated it anyways. I loved him even if we hadn't spoken in a while and he was keeping secrets from me. he was still my father and my best friend. Stay here, he mouthed at the two of us then returned to the staircase. Harry and I turned to watch the scene once more. I was upset I couldn't be out there, but there was something I didn't know. I was sure my father would take care of it all anyways.

Once Severus stepped through the door one of the Carrows said, "The boy doesn't seem able to do it Severus."

Severus didn't even look at the man in front of him but as staring straight at Dumbledore, "Severus," pleaded Dumbledore.

My father said nothing but pushed the other Death Eaters out of the way and looked at them with pure hatred on his face. His expression dropped a bit as he looked at Draco, who he seems to feel sorry for before turning back to Dumbledore.

"Severus...please," Dumbledore said leaning against the wall.

Severus raised his wand at Dumbledore and I wondered what healing spell he was going to use. He was only going to get one go to get a wand to Dumbledore and get out of here.

"Avada Kedavra!" my father yelled.

A green jet of light came from his wand and hit Dumbledore square in the chest. Harry yelled and I screamed. Dumbledore fell back and through the gap in the tower, all the way to the ground below.

Harry and I were frozen in place as the Death Eaters streamed down the stairs above us, cackling. I was awestruck, had my father been lying about his true allegiances this whole time? How could I have not figured that out. Now he had gone and killed the greatest good wizard of our time. I could have stopped this if I had not trusted Severus so blindly.

Finally I was able to move and I turned to Harry who looked livid, "What the hell did your father just do?"

"You think I bloody know?" I screamed back, "That son of a bitch, I'm going to rip him to shreds. He killed Dumbledore!"