Chapter Five: Lies and Deception

"Thank you again for the ride Mat. " I say closing the door but he rolls down his window.

  "I will text you later. " he says and I smile.

  " You need my number to text me Mat. " I yell as I walk to my house.

  " I have my ways babe. " he says, I laugh and turn around. I walk to my front door and turn around. I wave at Mat and he drives away. I walk in and shut the door smiling. I run upstairs and change back into pajamas. Cookie is laying on my bed and she showers me with kisses. I walk back downstairs and pull my damp hair into a bun, Cookie runs into the living room and jumps on the couch. I walk into the kitchen and stop dead in my tracks. Ivy is standing there with my mom and dad.

  "Where the hell have you been? " my mom yells at me.

" I tried finding you last night Rae. " Ivy says. "And you're mom called me asking where you were and well I panicked and came over. " she adds.

  "Where have you been? " mom asks me angrily, I look down.

  " I did come home last night, I got up around five in the morning to go to the gym and I swam in the pool. " I say and dad nods.

  "Oh really? You stayed at the gym, " she says then glances at the clock on the oven, " for six hours?" she says and I shrug.

  "It is a long walk to the gym, and a long walk back mom. " I say and she sighs. She walks up to me and hugs me.

  "I'm sorry honey, its just, " she pauses and gulps. "I can't loose you too. " she says and moves a strand of hair out of my face. I smile, I walk back to the stairs and Ivy follows me. We walk up stairs to my room.

  "Okay you were so not at the gym, you hate swimming. " she says and I roll my eyes and smile.

  "Was he hot?" she asks me and I stand up walking over to my vanity.

  "Ivy.." I say and she laughs.

  "Was he hot or no?" she asks me, I chuckle.

  "Nothing happened. " I say and she scoffs.

  "Bullshit. " she says and I look at her and shrug.

  "Well, who is he? " she asks and I take down my hair and pick up my hair brush.

  "Just a guy. " I say and my phone dings.

  " A guy who has your number? " she says grabbing my phone and waves it in my face. I roll my eyes and take it from her.

  hey, its me -m

  I smile and begin typing.

  hey -r

  "So," she says and I brush my hair. "tell me about him! " she says and I smile.

  "He is absolutely gorgeous, " I say and look down and smile. " he has the most beautiful eyes, and tattoos that makes him look like art, his hair is so beautiful and soft, especially when its wet. He is so sweet and caring and always seems to care about someone else's feelings over his. " I say still looking at the floor thinking of him, I look up at Ivy and her jaw is dropped.

  "I don't know if I'm gonna see him again though. " I say and she gasps.

  "You have to Rae, you deserve to be happy. " she says and I shrug.

  "He is always moving around. " I say and she gives me a pity look.

  "Military? " she asks.

  "Something like that. " I saw and my phone dings again. I smile.

  call me when youre free, i got news. -m

  i will -r

  I sit my phone faced down on my dresser and look at Ivy.

  "Do you like him? " she asks me and I shrug.

  "I just met him Ivy. " I say and sit down next to her.

  "I say go for it Rae. " Ivy says and I smile and she hugs me.
                         -----------------------

  " So what is your news, Mr. Musto? " I say and lay down on my bed.

  " So I just found out that I have two whole days off. " he says and I smile.

  "Well then what are you going to do with your free will. " I laugh and he chuckles.

  " I was hoping to hang out with you. " he says nervously and I raise an eyebrow.

  "Seriously? " I ask and he chuckles again.

  "Why not? " he asks and I smile.

  "You don't want to hang out with other people? " I ask and I hear him sigh.

  "You're better than others. " he says and my heart flutters.

  "Okay, so what do you want to do? " I ask, he sighs.

  "Oh I don't know, you wanna do anything? " he asks and I shrug even though he can't see me.

  "Maybe the movies? I don't know. " I say.

  "You wanna come over tomorrow and we can watch something? " he asks and I smile.

  " Sure, that sounds good. " I say.

  " Come up with an excuse to stay the whole weekend, I have the second day already planned. " he says and I smile and my cheeks heat up.

  "Okay. " I say and I look at the time.

  "Mat? " I say.

  "Yeah? " he says and yawns.

  " It's three am, have we really been talking for four hours? " I say and he chuckles.

  " I guess so, I guess this proves my theory of how i could talk to you forever. " he says and I smile brightly and cover my mouth to stop myself from giggling.

  "I better get some sleep. " I say and he sighs.

  " I will be waiting for your arrival Raelyn. " he says he chuckles.

  "Okay, sleep well Mat. " I say and I begin to blush.

  "Sleep well Rae, I'll see you soon. " he says.

  "Goodnight Matthew. "

  "Goodnight Raelyn. "
                               ----------------

I open my eyes and rise instantly in a good mood. I get up fast and run to my closet. I take out my grey sweater with denim jeans and my adidas, then a second outfit including a red shirt with a black rose on it, black jeans and my white converse.

  I take a bag out of my drawer and stuff my clothes into it. I pick up my phone and text Ivy the plan. I pack my toothbrush, perfume, hair brush, and my phone charger. I run downstairs and give Cookie a kiss before I leave.

  "I'm staying the weekend at Ivy's. Love you guys! " I yell and I hear them both say 'okay'.

  I run out the door and I see Ivy's Nissan Altima waiting for me. I run towards her car smiling and I jump in.

  "Ready? " she asks and I smile.

  "More than ready. " I smile and buckle my seat belt.

  " So what is this guys name?" she asks me and I smile.

  "Mat. "