Chapter Seventeen: Hospital and Heartbreak.

*Raelyn pov*

I look up and see Matthew in scrubs. He rushes over, limping and kisses me passionately. Anger boils within me. I pull away and he gives me a confused look.

"What did I fucking tell you. " I say loudly, the doctor and nurses rush out, closing the door but all I do is keep my eyes at Matthew.

"Baby, I'm so sorry I didn't mean- " he starts.

"Mat! I almost died! This should be a fucking wake up call for you, you're a drunk! " I yell and he winces. He looks down at the floor, I sigh and rub his arm lovingly. He sighs.

  "I don't deserve you. " he says and I sigh and take his hand.

  "But you have me. " I say and he looks at me, I smile sadly. He lays down with his head on my chest. I rub my fingers through his hair and I sigh.

  "I love you. " he says.

  "I love you. " I say and he raises up and looks at me.

  "Where are your parents? " he asks and I look down.

  "In the waiting room, I have a feeling they won't be pleased with you. " I say and he sighs and holds my hand.

  "I'm really sorry. " he says and I shake my head.

  "Sometimes sorry isn't enough. You need help. " I say and he nods.

  "And I'll get it. " he says and I nod.

  "Good. " I say and my mom and dad walk in. Matthew stands up, my mom looks at him dead in the eyes. She unexpectedly embraces him. She lets go and dad hugs him also.

  "We are just glad you two are okay. " mom says and I smile. Dad pushes his glasses up on his nose. 

  Mom and dad stay around here all day and then they leave around nine thirty, only because Mat said he would stay with me. The doctors say I can go home in three days, but Matthew was free to go whenever. I have a lot to think about now, me and Matthew especially. He almost killed me, but he said he was sorry. He is a drunk, he said he would get help. He does drugs, but not all the time. He parties too much, maybe I can talk to him. This whole thing is just so fucked up. I look over at Mat, he is half asleep in the little chair next to my bed. 

  "Mat? " I say and he opens his eyes then closes them again. He shifts in his chair and he holds my hand. 

  "Hm? " he says, I don't have the heart to talk to him about this right now. 

  "Never mind, but you should ask for a little bed don't you think? " I ask and he opens his eyes and gets up then stretches. 

  "I will, only because you said something. " he says then kisses my forehead, he walks out of the room. I close my eyes and begin to relax, then I hear the door open again, seeing a nurse and Matthew carrying in a little air mattress. They blow it up then the nurse gives him two pillows and two blankets, the pillows look a little thin so Mat takes one of the blankets and folds it and lays his head down on it. 

  "You know what's crazy? " Mat asks and I lean up and turn off the little light above my bed. 

  "What? " I ask and get myself comfortable, but my side is sore so I don't want to move much.

  "I never thought in a million years that this would happen, you know, finding someone." he says and I sigh, feeling bad now. 

  "Oh yeah? " I say and I close my eyes. 

  "Yeah, but I never thought that I would be the cause of them getting hurt." he says and I shake my head. 

  "Matthew, I said it was okay. " I say and he sighs.

  "I don't want you to forgive me Raelyn." he says, I bite my lip, trying not to cry. 

  "But I did."

      ----------------------

  I stand up as the nurse holds my hand. My knees almost buckle, but the nurse and Mat help steady me. They both help me walk around the room a little bit, before my side begins to hurt and they help me back into bed. 

  "If you need anything, just press the button. " the nurse says and I nod, thanking her. 

  "Are you okay? "Mat asks and I chuckle.

  "Well, I did have a huge piece of glass in my side and had to have it taken out, but all in all I'm totally fine. " I say sarcastically and Mat looks down. Realizing what I just said, I sigh and lean up and take his hand in mine. 

  "I'm sorry. " I say and he looks at me and nods. He sits down in the chair next to me and sighs. 

  "I am so exhausted. " he says and he leans his head back then closes his eyes. I almost make a smart remark, but I have been a bitch lately so I keep my mouth shut. 

  "I want to go home. " I say and Mat opens his eyes, they almost gleam at me saying 'home'. 

  "Like, our home? " he says and I lightly smile.

  "Our home. " I say and he smiles brightly. He pulls out his phone and shakes his head.

  "Twitter is blowing up, asking if we are okay. " he says.

  "Have you told everyone we are okay? " I say and he shakes his head, then he begins typing.

  "I'm just going to say 'we are fine.' That okay? " he says then looks at me. I nod and he goes back to his phone. 

  "Where is my phone? " I ask and Mat stands up and walks over to a little table. He walks back over to me and hands me my phone, it is cracked at the bottom now, but I can live with it. I turn it on and see it is fully charged, Mat must have charged it. 

  "Ivy called. " I say and my heart races, what is she going to think? I press her name and put the cracked phone up to my ear. 

  "Hello? " I hear her say and I smile lightly at just the sound of her voice.

  "Hey. " I say. 

  "So, are you pregnant? " Ivy asks and I hear her crunching on something, probably chips. 

  "No, but I am in the hospital. " I say and she stops crunching.

  "What happened? " she asks with a full mouth, she sounds worried. 

  "Mat and I got into an accident, but we are okay. " I say rushingly before she can cut me off.

  "What the hell happened? " she asks and I sigh.

  "We got hit head on my another car. " I say and she sighs.

  "Is everyone okay? " she asks and I nod, even though she can't see me.

  "Even the other driver. " I say. I look over at Mat and he is on Twitter. 

  "Thank God, you can't stress me out anymore Raelyn Jenner. " she says and I laugh, thinking about her baby. Just thinking about another little Ivy or Kaiden running around brings a smile to my face. 

  "I know I know, but I gotta go. I will call you later, okay? " I say and I hear her crunching again.

  "Okay okay, I love you babes, be careful. " she says.

  "I love you too, call me whenever you get an update on the baby. " I say and she giggles.

  "I will." she says.

  "Alright, bye. " I say. 

  "Bye. " she says and I take the phone away from my ear. I look over at Mat, he is running his pointer finger over his tattoo. I smile and grab his hand. He looks up at me and we smile at each other. 

  "I love you. "