Chapter Nine: One Month and Hurting

"I still can't believe you did not tell me you are actually with daddy. " Ivy says for about the third time this month, I roll my eyes laughing as I hang up one of Mat's shirts in my closet. She needs to stop calling him daddy.

"You still can't be shocked. " I laugh and she drops her jaw.

"You're fucking kidding me, right. I find out my best friend in the whole world is dating my favorite singer in the whole world! My mind is blown! " she says and I smile.

"Yeah, yeah. Well, make yourself useful and help me put up these clothes. " I say and she gets up beginning to help me. My phone begins to ring the facetime sound, I pick it up and see Mat and I's picture pop up. I hit accept and I see Matthew smile at me brightly.

" Hey baby, what you up to? " he asks me and Ivy runs out of my closet and jumps on my bed, obviously listening to us.

"Just cleaning up a bit, what are you doing? " I ask and he sighs.

"Hella missing you. " he says and I smile.

" I miss you too, when are you coming back? " I ask, it has been a month and he isn't back yet.

"Soon, I promise. " he says and moves his head slightly. He is in a car of some sort.

"Where are you? " I ask and he looks back at the camera.

"Going back to the hotel. " he says and I nod, Ivy looks at me in awe.

We talk for about half an hour and he says he has to leave. Ivy begins to slap my arm.

"When is he coming back! " she says loudly and I laugh.

"I don't know Ivy. " I say then my smile fades.

"All I know is that I really miss him. " I say and begin to cry, putting one hand over my mouth. Ivy embraces me into a warm hug. I open my eyes and I see my wrist is now uncovered, I pull away from the hug and quickly pull down at Mat's sweater sleeve. Ivy watches me. She scoffs and grabs my arm forcibly and lifts up my sleeve, exposing the single scratch I made the night Mat left me. I scratched it bad enough it is still there, but almost gone. She exhales loudly, as if she is crying.

"Raelyn Mackenzie Jenner, what the fuck have you done!" she yells at me. I take my wrist back from her and roll down the sleeve.

"It isn't a big deal, Ivy. " I say and she scoffs.

"What is Matthew's number? I am not trying to be a bitch or anything but he needs to know if you are hurting yourself." she says grabbing my phone and I try to snatch it away.

"Ivy please, don't! " I yell and grab my phone.

"Why the fuck not? " she yells back at me and I begin to cry more.

"If Matthew ever finds out that I hurt myself, it will kill him Ivy. He might blame himself, and that is the last thing I want for him right now! He is under enough stress already and I don't want to put it on him. " I say and I hear my bedroom door open, Ivy's jaw drops and I close my eyes and sigh. Please God. I turn around and see my mom standing in the doorway. Thank God, I thought it was him.

"What are you talking about? Who is this guy and who is hurt? " my mom says and I smile.

"Raelyn's boyfriend is a famous singer." Ivy blurts. I turn my head around and eyeball her, she shrugs then I look back at my mom.

"Oh really? And who is this so called 'famous singer'? " mom asks sitting down on my bed. I sigh.

"Blackbear, but his real name is Matthew Musto. " Ivy says for me and I smile just hearing his name.

"So he is a singer? " mom asks and I nod slowly.

"He is on tour. " Ivy says I sigh looking back at her. Mom licks her lips.

"Is it serious? "she asks and I shrug.

"Sorta." I say and she nods, smiling.

"Well let your 'famous singer' know that he needs to come over for dinner sometime. So, who is hurt? " she asks.

"Matthew! He's hurt he isn't here with Raelyn. " Ivy says and I turn my head around and mouth 'thank you'.

"Oh okay, well dinner will be ready soon. Ivy, you staying over? " mom asks standing up and walking towards the door.

"Yes, ma'am. " Ivy says, my mom nods then leave. I turn back around towards Ivy.

" This isn't over, just know that. " Ivy says hugging me.

" I am doing it because I love you Rae. " Ivy says and I pull away from her. What? She pulls out her phone and shows me the text message she sent to Matthew, I snatch her phone away and read it.

hey matthew , you dont know me but i am a friend of rae's . i just want to let you know , when you find out , do not be mad . she is a sad girl and all she needs is a hug and a good talking to , please make her okay . -ivy

"Ivy," I yell and throw her phone down on my bed. " 'a good talking to' ' she is a sad girl ' 'please make her okay ' ? Ivy what the fuck is wrong with you! " I yell and pace around my room, running my fingers through my hair.

"I'm sorry, he needed to know Rae, he can help-" she says, trying to defend herself.

"I don't need fucking help! " I yell and she jumps. "You should go tell my mom you won't be joining us for dinner. " I say and she walks past me out of my room. Tears fall down my cheeks and I sit down on my bed. My phone goes off and its another facetime from Mat. I hit accept but I only show my forehead.

"Hey baby, guess what? " he says and I sniff. Trying not to cry.

"What? " I say, my voice sounds like it is trembling on a tight rope. He notices and looks down at the camera.

"Baby what's wrong? " he asks worriedly.

"Nothing, so what's up? " I ask and makes a weird face but he sighs. He turns the camera around and I see his furniture. I raise up quickly.

" Matthew.." I say and he turns the camera back on him, grinning.

" Come over, I haven't seen you in a month and a half and I wanna show you how much I've missed you. " he says and I jump up quickly and put on my shoes.

"Anxious? " he smiles and I laugh.

"I will see you in thirty. " I say and hang up.

He's home.