Chapter Thirteen: Date Night and Diamonds.

"Happy six months. " Matthew says and I open my eyes. He is grinning down at me and I can't help but smile. He kisses me slowly and I smile into the kiss. 

  "And guess who got us reservations at The Island Boulevard? " Mat says and my jaw drops. 

  "You're kidding! " I say and lay up, covering my chest up with the blanket from the night before. 

  "I'm not. " he says and I smile brightly. 

  "You know you didn't have to, I would have been fine with anything. " I say, he shrugs. 

  "Island Boulevard is your favorite restaurant that you can't afford. " he says and I laugh. 

  "What time do we have to be there? " I ask and put on Mat's shirt. 

  " 6:30. " he says and I pick up my phone and smile at my lockscreen of Mat and I kissing, it's 1:24pm. Why did I sleep so late? I shake my head and walk into the bathroom. I brush my teeth and wash my face. I go into my closet and pick out a burgundy, short dress with cute black heels. I turn on the shower and Mat walks in as I begin to undress. I smile but I don't turn around even though I feel him watching me. I step into the warm shower and relax. I hear a knock on the door then Matthew opens the door, smiling. 

  "Mind if I join? "

                                  ---------------------------------

  "Thank you so much for this. " I say as I look through the menu, I look up at Mat and he smiles. 

  "Anything for you baby. " He says and we both look back at the menu. We both order the steaks with mashed potatoes, and I don't even want to know the cost. We talk and joke about random stuff like we usually do. He holds my hand from across the table and we begin to talk about living arrangements. I do want to move in with him, I really do. I mean the only time I go home is about twice a week when my parents demand it since I technically do not live with Matthew yet. Matthew hasn't brought up the whole ' I want to marry you ' thing again, well he was drunk so he probably doesn't even remember. The food comes out and my mouth begins to water, I haven't had this food since I was seventeen on Ryan and I's birthday. We begin to eat out food and Matthew grabs my hand again.

  "You know I love you, right? " he says and I nod, chewing on the steak in my mouth. He sighs and pulls out a big square box out of his suit. I raise an eyebrow and he smiles. It has a little red ribbon on it and I sigh.

  "You said we weren't doing presents. "I say and he smiles. 

  "I changed my mind and didn't tell you. " he says and I take the box in my hand. I undo the ribbon and open it, I gasp when I see a diamond necklace. Diamonds are covered on the entire thing, and the shapes on the necklaces are little flowers. Matthew stands up and takes the box from me, he takes the necklace out and puts it around my neck then leans down and lightly kisses my neck once and sits back down in his chair. 

  "You can't say no. " he says and I smile , touching the necklace. 

  "How much was this? " I ask and he shakes his head. 

  "Don't worry baby, I'm rich that's all you need to know. " he says then takes a sip of red wine.

  "I feel bad for not getting you anything babe. " I say and he looks down and smiles. 

  "The only thing I need is a beautiful, strong, caring, and amazing woman that I can be with for the rest of my life. " he says and I smile, trying not to cry. 

  "I am so in love with you. " I say and he smiles brightly. 

  "And I am so in love with you. " he says and I giggle. 

  We finish our food and he pays for the whole thing, which I feel bad for because I know it came to a lot and I always feel bad that he has to pay for everything, well he doesn't have to but he always insists on it and whenever I fight with him he always tells me to 'shut up' then he slams his debit card down. We walk outside of the restaurant hand in hand and we just talk about random things. I bring up how Ryan would love him, he was surprised because he knows I never talk about him. Ryan has been gone for ten months now, it has gotten easier to get out of the bed in the mornings thanks to Matthew, without him, I would probably be in the ground with Ryan. Matthew and I sit down on a park bench and I lay my head on his shoulder. We hold each others hands like usual, and we just sit there in silence. My phone dings and I see a text from Ivy, I haven't talked to her in like two weeks. Ivy and Kaiden really hit it off, I gave Kaiden her number since he thought she was drop dead gorgeous, they have been together now for about two months. 

  call me whe you can ily - ivy

  I put my phone back away and Matthew and I go back to silence.

  "Do you ever wonder about the future? " I ask. 

  "You mean our future? " he asks and I nod, looking at him. 

  "All the time, why? " he asks and I shrug. 

  "What do you think about?"  I ask and he sighs.

  "Just us being together, maybe getting married, having a baby. But, I don't know. " he says and I raise an eyebrow. 

  "You don't know? " I ask.

  " I never really believed in love, till I met you. So I haven't really thought about a future with anyone till three months ago when we started getting more serious. I never really thought I would be with anyone, I didn't do the love thing before I met you. I just had sex left and right and didn't feel a damn thing. Until, I met you at my concert with Ivy." he says and I nod.

  "What did you think about me?" I ask.

  " I thought you were just a regular fan. Obviously, I thought you were the most beautiful woman in the room. When Kaiden told me about you crying in the hallway, my gut was wrenching. I was so fucking scared for you, I wanted to make sure you were okay so that's why I went to make sure you were okay myself. " he says and I smile lightly, remembering that terrible yet amazing night. 

  "Why were you crying? " he asks and I bite my bottom lip and hold it between my teeth. Don't cry. 

  "I was just thinking about Ryan. " I say looking down, the wind blow and I shiver. Matthew puts his arm around me and I smile to myself. 

  "What about you? " he asks and I look at him in confusion. 

  " What do you mean? " I ask. 

  "What did you think when you first saw me? " he asks and I smile. 

  "I thought you were amazing. The most gorgeous man I've ever seen in my entire life, you have captivated me since the beginning. And I knew I was in love with you before I even knew you. " I say and he smiles. 

  "And I know forever is a long, long time, but I wouldn't mind spending it by your side. I would get to wake up everyday and see that beautiful damn smile. I wouldn't mind at all. " Mat says and I kiss his cheek. 

  "I love you. " I say and he kisses me quickly.

  " I love you. " he says and I squeeze his hand. He looks at the time and smiles. 

  "It's only eight thirty. " he says and I look up at him and raise an eyebrow. 

  "Only? I thought we were going home.  " I say and he shrugs. 

  " I have heard of this really good place that stays open all night. " he says and I laugh. 

  "We just ate and I don't think I can eat for another week. " I say and he laughs.

  " It isn't food place. " he says and I raise an eyebrow again. 

  "Then what the hell is it? " I ask and he chuckles, looking down and he rubs his thumb over the top of my hand. I keep looking at him, he is smiling like a little idiot and I can't help but smile also. 

  "A tattoo parlor."