Chapter Eighteen: Beer Bottles and Leaving.

"You're drunk! Fucking again! " I curse and Matthew laughs and takes another drink of beer.

  "I'm not drunk little missy. " Matthew slurs then burps, I sigh and run my fingers through my hair. 

  "I thought what happened to us a month ago would wake you the fuck up! " I yell and he winces at my words.

  "Could you stop bitching? I mean my head does hurt." he says loudly. 

  "Oh I'm bitching? Yes Matthew, I am such a bitch because I hate you drinking! " I yell, turning off the tv, he groans in response. 

  "Yes, you are being a bitch! " he yells and stands up and walks into the kitchen. I sprint and stand in front of the fridge.

  "Move Raelyn." he grits through his teeth, I feel something go through my body but I ignore it and stand my ground.

  "No." I say harshly and he sighs. He grabs my arm and moves me to the side. He quickly grabs out a beer and I feel a rush of anger go through my body. I grab the beer bottle out of his hand and through it across the room, it breaks against the wall and beer pours down the wall. He looks at me, his eyes look different. Anger filled. That's when the rush came through again, I don't know what it is. He storms into the living room, he picks up a picture of us and throws it against the same wall I threw the beer on. I gasp when the frame shatters and our picture falls out. I shake my head, trying to fight tears.

  "Oh, so we are breaking things now? " I yell and he laughs, mockingly.

  "Apparently, since one of us wants to be a total bitch tonight! " Matthew yells and I scoff. 

  "I'm a bitch because I want you sober? Are you kidding me? " I yell. 

  "Yes, you are because maybe being drunk makes me happy! Ever think about that? " he yells.

  "Well that is just so amazing! Drinking makes you happy! But what makes you happier? Me or the damn drinking! " I yell and he paces around the room.

  "I-I don't know! " he yells and I scoff.

  "You don't know if I make you happier than drinking? Are you kidding me right now? " I yell back and he shakes his head, he looks at me dead in the eyes. His green eyes have red around them, and I almost cry at the sight. 

  "I just want to be able to do what I want in my own house! " he yells, picking up a beer bottle.

  "Do you want it to be just your house then?" I yell and his face falls, but his features are still angry. I hold myself together. 

  "Are you claiming, you're going to leave me? " he almost laughs, I keep a stone cold face. 

  "If I have to. " I say and he scoffs.

  "You're not leaving me. " he says quietly.

  "If I have to Mat then I-" 

  "You're not leaving me! " he booms and throws a beer bottle across the room, I jump when it shatters. 

  "I will if I have to Matthew, you are becoming too much for me! " I yell and walk past him, walking to and up the stairs. I hear him follow me. I walk into our room and he walks in with me, I sit down on the bed. 

  "So what? Are you leaving? " he says loudly.

  "I don't know! " I yell.

  "Well figure it out sweet-heart, because if you are I'll just call up some hoe to accompany me tonight. " he spits and I stand up, I want to slap him, but I am not childish. I walk into our closet and pull out most of my clothes. He tries to grab my arm.

  "What are you doing? " he asks me and I laugh.

  "Oh, so now you're going to be all nice now that I am packing up my shit? " I yell and lay my clothes down on the bed. I get on my knees and look under the bed, I grab my bag. 

  "Raelyn." he says but I ignore him.

  "Raelyn! " he yells and grabs my arm. I gasp when he turns me around, his eyes are filled with pure anger. Goosebumps fill my entire body. I have never seen him like this. 

  "Let go. " I spit and he does. I walk back into the closet and grab the rest of my clothes. I shove all of my clothes into the bag. I get on my knees again and pull out another bag. I go back into the closet and take out all of my shoes then shove those into the bag. I zip up the bags and leave his room with both bags in hand. I run down the stairs and sit them by the front door. I take out my phone and call Ivy.

  "Rae, it's two in the morning. " she says and I almost break down. 

  "Can you come get me? I'm at Mat's house. " I say and she yawns.

  "What for? " she asks and I hear her stand up.

  "I'm leaving. " I say loud enough for Mat to hear, because he is on the balcony, watching me. I hear her gasp a little.

  "Why? Are you okay? " she asks and a tear slides down my face.

  "Can you just come get me? I'll explain everything later. "I say.

  "Yeah, me and Kaiden are on the way. " she says, I nod wiping away my warm tear. 

  "Okay, please hurry. " I say and we both hang up. I sigh and slip on my flats that are right at the front door, I also grab my purse and put it around my shoulder. I hear someone walk up behind me, I turn around to see Mat walking towards me.

  "Please. " he says and comes closer, I can smell the alcohol on his breath. I shake my head.

  "No." I say and pick up my bags.

  "Don't do this Rae. " he says and I turn back around to see him on his knees. I scoff. 

  "It's not working. " I say and open the front door, I hear him follow me. 

  "Fine! " he yells and I turn around to see tears running down his face.

  "Leave me! I don't need your ass anyway! " he yells and then storms back inside and slams the door. I begin to cry in the drive way. I look over and see Ivy and Kaiden pull up. Ivy runs out of the car and I drop my bags, she embraces me. I cry on her shoulder and Kaiden gets out of the car, he rushes over and picks up my bags for me. He puts the bags into the car and Ivy stops hugging me.

  "You're staying with us." she says and I begin walking to the car but I stop, I take off my necklace and walk back up to the doorstep and hang the necklace on the door handle. Tears fall down my face and I run to the car and get into the backseat. Kaiden begins to back out of the driveway and I can't take my eyes off of the house. Ivy turns around and grabs my hand and squeezes. I sob into my other hand as we drive away from the house. I feel sick. Don't be sad. Don't be sad. God Raelyn don't be sad. Nobody wants to see you sad. Don't be sad. Stop crying. Stop crying.

  Stop crying.