Chapter 2

[Edited 20/08/20]

~Tsukiko's POV~

'Soo-won killed Father.' I thought clenching my fists, and glaring at blonde haired man. 

"S-Soo-won...Father...is...Hurry...call a doctor.." Yona-nee pleaded weakly, her dulled eyes staring blankly at the dead body of our Father. 

'He's gone Yona-nee. Soo-won killed him.' I thought angrily, keeping my glare pointed at the man we once called a close friend. 

"Emperor Il's eyes will never open again. I killed him." Soo-won spoke staring at Yona-nee with dead eyes. She had gone from staring at our Father, to staring at her crush. My body trembled with rage as the two continued to speak. Soo-Won was telling her his sob story, about how our Father had killed his brother, our uncle. 

'Was everything a lie, Soo-Won?' I couldn't help but tear up at the thought, watching Yona-nee as she confessed how she felt about him. How she was going to tell Father the same. My tears fell faster at this, she was happy, she wanted to be with this man, but he crushed that. He didn't just kill our Father, but he also stabbed my sister. Metaphorically of course. In the heart. 

"LORD SOO-WON!!" The doors slammed open all of a sudden, causing myself and Yona-nee to snap our heads around, facing those that had entered. 

"We have everything prepared! Oh...this is...the king..So you've achieved your long cherished wish, huh?" One of the guards spoke, looking down at the fallen king. 

"Hm?" The same guard hummed, his attention now on Yona-nee, who had her arms drawn to her chest, tears streaming down her face. 

"Lord Soo-won, this girl...is she Princess Yona...?" Some random person, I don't know the name of, asked. Did you really need to ask? Could you not tell just by looking? 

For some reason I felt energy flowing through my body all of a sudden, which made me more aware of my surroundings. I don't know what it was, but something compelled me to look outside, to look at the moon. The glow that surrounded the moon like a halo, seemed to be a lot brighter than other nights. 

"Could it be that the Princess saw? Well then...we can save an explanation. Kill her, Lord Soo-won. Shut the Princess' mouth." This guys eyes are familiar...Could he be, the guy from the other night? The one that tried to attack Yona-nee?

"Even if she continues to live on, she will only suffer, right?" The mysterious person spoke. Soo-won seemed hesitant to do anything to her, but after she called his name, his eyes hardened and he drew his sword slowly. My body moved on it's own and I stood in front of Yona-nee spreading my arms wide. 

"I won't let you touch her!" I shouted glaring into his eyes. He seemed to flinch and stepped back surprised. Out of the corner of my eyes I saw the soldiers surrounding us flinch also. The men in the room all staring at me, eyes widened in surprise. 

"Princess...Tsukiko..?" Soo-Won spoke quietly, his eyes pleading for me to leave. He had already killed my Father, why does he think I would let him do the same to my sister? I kept my glare pointed on him, and shook my head. 

'I need to get us out of here.' I thought, watching Soo-Won's attention go back to Yon-nee, his sword pointed at her. I whipped my head around, looking towards the doors that were pretty guarded by the soldiers. I quietly crept next to Yona-nee and grabbed her arm gently, not yet moving it, as that would bring attention to myself. Just as Soo-Won was about to lift his sword, I yanked my big sister up and made a mad dash for the doors. Due to the surprise movement, I was able to slip passed everyone easily,  

"Come on Yona-nee! We need to find Hak!" I pleaded hoping she'd snap out of her daze. She was struggling to keep up, her daze making her unfocused. Right as we had made it outside, into an open area, Yona-nee came tumbling into me, and we both fell into a heap on the ground.