Chapter 3

[Edited 26/08/2020]

~Tsukiko's POV~

We had been walking through the forest for a little while, the castle now far behind us. The wound on my arm had miraculously stopped bleeding, and was no longer throbbing. We hadn't been able to treat it though, as we have left only with the clothes we wore that day and the cloaks Min-soo had given us. 

Everything was going pretty smoothly, we were making good distance between us and the castle in quite little time, but Yona-nee did not seem to be handling everything so well. Her legs gave out on her, and she fell to the floor.

"....Princess....Princess Yona. Do you need to take a short break?" Hak asked kneeling next to her. She didn't answer, the only thing we could hear from her was her heavy breathing, so we decided to stop anyway. I sighed in relief, glad to sit down and have the pressure off of my poor feet. 

"Did Min-soo..die?" Yona-nee whispered, slumping against the tree she had been set against by Hak. Her words hurt, I know she did not mean it, she doesn't know what's happening really, but it still hurt nonetheless. 

"I wonder..will I die too? Will Soo-won..kill you too?" She continued. I shouldn't be sad she did not include me there, she's upset, still in her daze. She doesn't know any better right now. 

"I'll never hand my life over to that asshole." Hak replied, a sad look in his eyes. 

"Don't die Hak, because if you die, I won't forgive you." Yona-nee ordered while falling asleep. 

"I won't forgive you either Hak. Although I know you won't die." I said looking over at him and smiling. But he was too focused on Yona-nee to hear me. His eyes held such a soft look in them, he must really love her, whether he knows it himself or not. 

"It's still hard to believe, you left the Princess all alone, you good for nothing King." He spoke to my deceased Father. My eyes widened, and I froze in place. 

"But she's not alone Hak...I'm still here. Her little sister. You always know I'm here, please don't forget me too." I pleaded, looking over to the black haired male, my eyes starting to fill with tears. 

"Hey, your Majesty, what should I do..?" Hak spoke to himself. He seemed to go into a daze as he sat there staring at Yona-nee, not acknowledging me at all. 

"I'm hurting too. My Father was killed too. I know you were both betrayed by Soo-Won, and you're upset beyond belief. But I've lost things too tonight. I'm here. Am I not deserving enough for your comfort? Would you even notice if I was gone?" I whispered to myself as I slowly slipped into sleep.  

~Tsukiko's dream~

I was in a dark room all by myself, looking around there didn't seem to be anything here. Just me and a dark space. I couldn't help it when my body began to tremble, I hate being alone in the dark.

'Yona-nee, Hak, someone please help.' I pleaded loudly, when suddenly I was blinded by a bright light. I covered my eyes, waiting for it to go away, and when it finally had my Father was stood there.

"Father!" I cried happily, glad that someone was finally with me, but he didn't hear me. 

"Father! I'm here! Father!" I cried out, hoping that maybe if I shouted louder it would catch his attention, however it did not. 

"Don't leave me please..." I finally trailed off and sank down to my knees and sobbed. The room was filled with light again and then there stood Yona-nee and Hak. They were smiling at each other and laughing.