Chapter 6

[Edited 15/10/18]

~Tsukiko's POV~

Gramps told us to find a priest that lives in the mountains. We had left Fuuga a while ago and we're now taking a break to think about where this priest might be. 

"Hak, are you looking at something?" Yona-nee asked Hak, who did indeed look like he was looking for something.

"Nothing. That old man, how does he expect us to find a person who we don't even know the location of?" he asked looking out into the distance. I shrugged and rested my head on Yona-nee's shoulder. 

"The priest, huh? I heard that from long ago the priest lived in a palace shrine and worked closely with the country's politics-" Hak began to explain, but I cut him off. 

"The priest left the castle because uncle Yu-Hon oppressed him, and now lives quietly in a place far away from the population." I finished frowning. Yona-nee looked at me wide eyed, and Hak looked impressed. 

"I read a lot of books about the Kingdom." I shrugged. 

"He's secluded from populated areas...so we came here to look, but this doesn't look like a place where people can live in the first place." Hak said 

"Well, if you lived here, you would probably tumble off a cliff right away, but others could live somehow." He teased casually, I laughed and nudged Yona-nee making her glare at me.

"Hey, shut up." She pouted. I laughed harder clutching my sides. 

"But in mountains as cold as these?" She asked tilting her head.

"The Northern land that the fire tribe controls is even more barren." I explained.

"Nobody bothers with this place, so it may surprisingly be a fine place to live." Hak added standing up. 

"Anyway, Princess, Tsukiko. Unless we come across something in the vicinity, we'll have to sleep outdoors, what do you want to do?" Hak asked.

"Outdoors? We're used to it." Me and Yona-nee replied looking at each other.

"It's not like the mountains by the castle. It's freezing here." Hak added swinging his glaive around. 

"Then I'll nestle up against you to sleep." Yona-nee told him innocently. This made Hak fling his glaive somewhere. I quickly ran off to get it, and as I picked it up I felt vibrations on the floor. Not like earthquake vibrations, but light vibrations. 

"Maybe...footsteps?" I asked myself standing up with Hak's weapon. 

"Hak!" I shouted running over to him and my sister. Although what I saw made me freeze in place. Hak had Yona-nee trapped against the wall. 

"Um..Hak? What are you doing?" I asked hesitantly. 

"Soldiers." Hak stated making me stand straight and alert. 

"I didn't think they were pursuing us anymore. But then again, we shouldn't be surprised. Princess. If you nestle close to sleep with me, but don't do a better job at hugging me." Hak teased lifting her hood over her head. 

"I won't have any interest in doing naughty things anyway." Hak added prancing towards me.

"What are you talking about?!" Yona-nee shouted.

"Here Hak." I said handing him his glaive. He nodded his head in thanks whilst taking the weapon from me. 

"Well..I did my warm up. Shall we get to work?" Hak smirked. 

"Yeah!" I cheered pulling out the katana that was hidden under my cloak. Hak stared at me for a second, before he grinned and turned towards the soldiers that were getting closer to us.