Chapter 8

[Edited 16/10/18]

~Third person POV~

"Darkness has fallen upon the land. The blood of the dragons will revive once again and the ancient pact will be kept. When the four dragons are gathered the sword and shield which will protect the king shall awaken and the red dragon shall restore the dawn at last." Ik-soo finished conveying the voice of God, followed by him slumping to the floor, exhausted.

"C-Conveying the voice of God really takes a lot out of me." He added laying on the floor. Yoon had left Tsukiko's side to crouch next to the collapsed man. 

"What a bothersome old man~" Yoon teased poking Ik-soo.

"This thing about dragons and god. I don't understand it. I'm not buying anything this crackpot dishes out. No matter what it is." Hak glared.

"He's not selling any." Yoon countered looking fed up.

"Is the Red Dragon...in this prophecy the same as the King from the legends?" Yona asked Ik-soo.

"You know the legend of this Nation's founding?" Ik-soo asked back. 

"Yes."

"In the story, the Crimson Dragon God became a human and descended to Earth from the Heavens, to rule this Kingdom. It's the Tale of the Crimson Dragon Kind, the first King of Kouka. My Father used to tell me the story." Yona spoke as though she was in a daze. 

"The Crimson Dragon King became human, but he eventually had to go to war with other humans." Ik-Soo added in.

"Evil filled people's hearts. They turned away from the Gods, and the nation fell to ruin. The Crimson Dragon King was taken captive by humans who wanted power. But then, just as they were about to destroy him...
"Crimson Dragon"
...Four Dragons descended from the Heavens
"We've come fro you, Crimson Dragon. The humans have forgotten faith, love and your teachings. Destroy them, and let us return to the heavens."
However, the Crimson Dragon was not persuaded
"No. I too, am human now. Even if humans hate or betray me...I can't help but love them."
The dragons loved the Crimson Dragon, and did not want to lose him. I order to protect him, the Blue, Green, Yellow and White Dragons...gave their blood to several human warriors...thus bestowing great powers upon them. To one was given sharp claws that could tear through anything. To one was given eyes that could see a great distance. To one was given a body that was impervious to injury. And to one was given legs that could leap high into the sky. 
"You are now extensions of us. You must serve the Crimson Dragon. You must protect and love him all the days of your lives and never betray him."
Exhausted from many battles, the Crimson Dragon fell asleep...and the duty of the four dragon warriors came to an end. The four dragon warriors shed tears for their motionless King. Did they weep for the loss of someone dear to them? Or was the blood of the Dragon Gods within them grieving the death of the Crimson Dragon? Even they themselves did not know. Then the four dragon warriors...believing that their power was too strong for humans to control...left their tribes...and vanished to parts unknown. 
Each Tribe developed in it's own unique way...until they became the five tribes we know today." Ik-Soo explained to the group. 

"The legend of how the country was created, what does it have to do with me?" Yona tilted her head confused.

"You said you wanted to live, right Princess Yona?" Ik-soo inquired.

"Yes." Yona stated.

"But you can't live alone. If you leave, those after your life will pursue you again. The person who is by your side and supporting you is Hak. But at this rate, Hak will die." Ik-soo explained. Tsukiko was sat underneath a tree, not too far away from the group. She kept catching eyes with Yoon, which reassured her that he hadn't forgotten about her.