Chapter 2: New Neighbors

I finally decide to build a house, that way my bed, and even Rose's bed, can be safely surrounded. I gather wood for the house and door, but as I walk from tree to tree, I can see something in the distance. I get a little closer and find a creeper and a zombie walking into a cave, pretty close to Rose and my bed. I kind of start to panic, but then I remember that Rose can fight monsters. But... This time she wasn't doing anything. I walk over to her with a panicked look on my face. "Ummm, Rose?.. Why aren't you doing anything"

I decide to kill the monsters on my own. I walk over to them both, ready to attack, but I'm too late. They walk away like nothing happened. They don't seem... dangerous, or anything. I watch them as they walk away, to see where they go. I stop for a second. They walk off into a cave nearby, and as they get further away, I start to follow again. They walk into this big beautiful cave with diamonds and gold, and about nine or ten other monsters. I'm astonished to see how... well they live, and, embarrassed to say that at this point, they live better than I do.

When one of them turns around I hide around the corner. And when I hear a creeper's hissing getting closer, I quickly run back to my home, or, what's going to be my home. I still haven't actually built the house yet, so I quickly turn my wood into oak planks and surround my bed and Rose's little room, too. After that I slowly walk back to the cave to see what the monsters are up to. But I didn't miss much, as they are just walking around the cave, so I run back home again and get into my house.

I'm not sure if I'm safe or if a couple of creepers just walked outside the cave and are heading for my house, so I peak through the little windows on my door, and see a zombie in the distance. Walking towards my house.. Carrying something. As it comes closer I see what it has. It looks like glow stone. The zombie walks all the way to my door and stops there, as if waiting for me to let it in. So I open the door, and the zombie steps in. Then it walks to a corner of my house and places the glow stone in the corner, near Rose. It soon illuminates the whole room. "For me?", I say jokingly, but with a smile. The zombie walks out of my house and heads back to the cave. I can hardly believe what just happened.

I open the door again and see the zombie still walking towards the cave, and before it walks into the distance, I yell out "Thank you!", and it stops walking, turns around, and looks at me before it keeps walking to the cave. Then it continues to walk away again. All those monsters look surprisingly... Not dangerous or violent in any way. I guess I could get used to my new neighbors.