Chapter 19: Catching Herobrine

Mason's POV

"Okay, I read that if you use a trap with diamonds, Herobrine will come to it and you can just attack him", I explain to Ginger as we walk back home. "That's a great idea! Lets make the traps closer to home. I think I have some diamonds. We can use those", she says.

I open the door to our house and Ginger immediately runs over to Ashley. "Ashley! How are you feeling? Better?", she asks, clearly concerned. "Yeah, I'm much better now. Thanks", Ashley smiles. "Oh yeah", Justin says rolling his eyes and putting his arm around Ashley. "I asked her if she wanted more fruit and she said no, but as soon as I mentioned cookies, she-" Justin gets cut off by Ashley nudging him in the side. "What?! That's what happened!"

"Whatever", Ashley says rolling her eyes now, too. "Anyways, what are we gonna do about Herobrine?", she asks. "Don't worry", I say. "I have a plan." Suddenly I get nudged in the side, too, by Ginger. I clear my throat. "I mean, we have a plan"

Ginger's POV

"How many diamonds do we need?" "I don't know! Bring, like, four or five, just in case.", Mason says. So I take four diamonds and we all walk outside.

"We set up some iron doors and a pressure plate.", Justin says. "Yep, now all we have to do is put the diamonds in.", Ashley says. "Cool, I have some right here.", I say showing them the diamonds. Then I dropped them on the pressure plate. "Great!", I say happily.

"... Sooo now what? We just wait inside?" After about twenty seconds of them staring up at the sky, Justin says, "Well yeah, I guess."

-minutes later-

"Guys, check it out!", Mason exclaims, looking out the window. I look and see Herobrine by the trap. He looked at the diamonds, stepped on the plate, and in a split second he was gone.

For a moment no one says anything, most likely because we're all surprised. "Wow. That was it?", Ashley asks. "Yeah", Justin says. "No, we have to get the golden sword. Remember?", Mason says.

"What golden sword?", Chloe asks coming down stairs. "Oh, Chloe. Okay, I would explain, but we'd be here for a while. Just follow us outside.", I tell her, as we all walk outside again.

"This golden sword", Mason says grabbing it from the trap and holding it up. "The one Herobrine drops when he dies." "Sweet", Chloe says. "I'm just glad everything can go back to normal.", I say in relief. "I can't believe we actually did it!"