Chapter 12: Family

~one week later~

Ginger's POV

Christmas was great. That Christmas tree we still have has apples growing on it, so Rose and Wheatley get a little snack. Everything's been good so far. Although, Mason and I have noticed something a little bit strange about that house we went to about a month ago. Yesterday I heard voices coming from that house. Voices. I thought Mason killed the villager that lived there. Ya know, the one that tried to kill me. It sounded like girls' voices. Weird, right? "Hey Ginger", Mason calls from downstairs. "Yeah?", I say walking down to see him. "I can see something through the window of that house" I walk over to the window. "Take a look"

I look through the window of the house and see a villager, and.... Is that..? No it can't be. I'm imagining. "See?", Mason says. "Yup. I sure do", I say still staring, rubbing my eyes. "Something wrong?", he asks. "No it's just...", I keep staring through the window, "... I think I know that person" His eyes widen, "really?" "Yeah. But I don't know. Maybe It's all in my head. It looks like someone from my family", I explain, "But it's probably just all in my head" And with that I try to forget what just happened, and make some iron ingots in the furnace.

Unknown POV

"But mom, who will I stay with, then? There is no one else like me in this world!", I ask my villager mom, as I try not to cry. "Honey, I don't know. But what I do know is that I cannot take care of you anymore. I'm old, and I'm getting very sick", she says choking up, "I'm sorry" Then her eyes widen a little bit, and she turns me in another direction, facing the window.

"Look. Do you see that house in the distance over there?"

"Yes!", I gasp.

"Can you see the girl in the striped shirt?"

"Yes.... She looks very familiar"

"I need you to go over there, and ask her if she can take care of you. Ok?"

"Ok", I give a small sigh.

"Ok honey, I'll help you pack your things before you go", she kisses my forehead.

I start putting all my things in a chest.

Ginger's POV

I collect the ingots, and can't help but think about the people in that house. So I decide to go over there and see who lives there. I grab a sign, put it on the wall by the door, and write on it 'went to see who our neighbors are. Be back by noon -Ginger'. I walk out the door, and head for the house.

~about a minute later~

I'm closer to the house now. As I walk up, the door opens and I freeze. Out walks a villager woman with brown eyes. The woman turns around and sees me and says, "Oh, hello dear" I wave, "hello. I'm sorry if I'm interrupting anything, but I just couldn't help myself. Do you have a little girl?" She looks at me kind of strange at first, but then smiles, "Yes, as a matter of fact, I was just about to send her to you, for I cannot take care of her anymore" I smile, "Oh, ok." "Ok, I'll bring her out now, excuse me. Chloeeeeeeeee!! Someone is here to see youuuuu!" Chloe! I knew she seemed familiar!

"I'm coming!!", I hear her call from inside the house, "Hold on..." I see her trying to open the door from the inside, but she can't. She has a chest in her hands. So I walk over and open the door for her, "here you go" "Oof!", she says as she falls, landing on the chest. "I'm sorry!", I say picking her back up and taking the chest, "Here, do you want me to carry this for you?" She wipes the dirt off her jeans, "Sure, thank you, but I-..", she freezes when she sees me, "...Ginger?" My eyes widen, "Chloe!"

I can't believe she's here! "Chloe! Is it really you?" "Yeah! Wow Ginger, I haven't seen you in like, two years", she says surprised. "I know! How old are you now?", I ask curiously. "I'm nine. How old are you?" "Seventeen. It's been so long!" I run up and giver her a big hug, "I missed you, cousin!" Back in the real world, Chloe and I were really close. We used to play minecraft together all the time. She's half my size, and has long brown hair and green eyes, and she's wearing a green dress. "So Chloe, I hear your mother can't take care of you anymore", I frown a little. "Yeah", she says with some sadness in her voice. "Yes", her mother says to her, "So now you will stay with Ginger, but you can visit me any time you like, ok" "Ok!", Chloe smiles.

"Goodbye, Chloe", her mom says, and they hug. "Bye, mom" I walk up to her mom and say, "I'll take her to visit you whenever she wants, ok?" She smiles at me, "Take care of her for me" "I will. Come on Chloe!" She goes to pick up the chest with all her things in it but then stops, "Oh my gosh! I almost forgot! I'll be right back!" She runs back into the house, and in about 10 seconds, comes back out carrying the most adorable grey kitten. "I almost forgot you, Lucky!", she puts the kitten down and pets her. "Awwww!", I squeal, "Ok, if that's everything, let's get going I guess" We wave to Chloe's mom and she smiles.

"Here Chloe, I'll take your things, you worry about Lucky", I say taking the chest.

~a minute later~

Chloe's POV ( new POV! Yay! :3 )

We finally stop at this big house and Ginger opens the door for me. I walk in with Lucky and see another girl, and two boys. They wave at me, but I hide behind Ginger. "No Chloe, it's ok, these are my friends", Ginger says, and I come out from behind her and wave, "hi", I say kind of quietly. "Hello", a boy with brown hair says, "Ginger, who's this?" "Chloe, this is Mason, Ashley, and Justin", Ginger says pointing to each of them. Then she goes up to Mason and puts her arm around him, "Guys, this is my little cousin Chloe, and her cat Lucky" I can't help but ask.... "Ginger? I don't mean to be rude, buuuuuut..." She gives me a weird look, "yes?" "But ummm.... Are you guys... Like..... Dating?"

Her eyes widen a little bit but she finally answers, "... Why yes.. Actually we are" "Oooohhhhh", I wink, "ok. And umm, what about you two?", I look at Ashley and Justin, and Ginger answers, "Yes Chloe, they're dating, anywaaaayyy", she says trying to dodge my question, "It's getting kind of dark. Let me show you where you and Lucky can sleep. Follow me" I follow Ginger upstairs into a little room. She puts a bed next to hers, with a space in between, and looks at me, "this is where you can sleep" "ok!", I say jumping up on the bed. "Come on, Lucky!", I say and she jumps up and lays there with me. "Goodnight Ginger!" "Goodnight Chloe"

Hey guys! I hope you like this chapter. I'll be updating again soon. Don't forget to hit that 'follow' button! Until then ^-^ byyyeeeee!!