Chapter 3- Goodbye before Hello

Running feeling the wind breeze through my fur.  A lovely feeling that I want to feel every single day until i die.  It's nighttime.  I just finished my dinner with my parents.  I was given permission to go on a run all on my own.

          Everyone in our my knew that I was a white wolf.  They were all happy and provided me training to be the best I can be and to control my strength and powers.

           I slow down as I approached a large river.  The one that was at the end of our pack.  The moon was out.  Even though it wasn't a full moon I howled, being impatient and all. 

          I howled loud and strong.  And after that howl I felt relieved.  That one strong whole told the world who's here and I couldn't be happier to let them know.

I feel the sun light shining bright on my eyes.  I get out of bed and begin my day. A dream.  A memory.  Of the day that turned my life upside down.  The death of all the people I was suppose to protect.

Yet here I am 2 years later and the royal princess is telling me the royal prince is my mate and my whole life was a lie.

I was going to make her tell me every single thing that she knows. 

*****

"I can't tell you everything i know about you.  Some things just are not meant to be told all at once."  It made sense that she would think I would freak but I couldn't care less.  I just want to know the truth.

"Okay but can you answer this,  where is your brother right now?"  My mate,  I wouldn't want to meet him if he knew more about me than I did about myself.

"Away for a while.  He goes looking for you for two weeks, then goes on vacation, goes looking for you again and lastly home, until he thinks he has a lead on where you might be then he leaves again."

"He's been doing that for 2 years?"

"Yes.  But since he's on vacation he doesn't like it when any of us get in contact with him.  So he won't know you're here until tomorrow.  That's when he starts hunting for you again.  And I'll tell him you're here with me."  She ended it off with a smile on her pretty face.

Noooo.  He can't know I'm here.  Not yet.

"Where is he?"  I need to know how much time I have until he gets here.

"He's in Russia.  That is a long plane ride."

Perfect.  I'll have like a whole day to figure out stuff about myself.

I would ask her to keep this information to herself but she's a kid.  Even though she is a very smart kid she may not be able to keep this information from her big brother.  Especially if it information about his mate.

"I know you can't give me information about myself but is there any one that may know something about me.  Or just tell me what you think I can handle.  I promise I won't ask for more information, for a week."  Please Olivia.

She looks at me straight in the eye.  As if looking deep into my soul and looking at all my memories.

"You're parents are... alive bu-"

I cut her off.  "No they died a 2 years ago.  I saw them die.  That wasn't something in my head, I didn't make that scene up.  I saw everything, heard everything, from the blo-" 

I guess it was her turn to cut me off.  "I know what you saw.  I saw that too and I'm sorry you saw that.  That you were there to see it." She turned away from me and let out a long breath.

I didn't know what was going on in that mind of hers, maybe she was just trying to get the scene out of her head.

I take a seat next to her and pat the ground asking her to join me.  Surely she does.  We are outside again.  We look out into the forest.

After 5 minutes of complete silence I decided to continue the conversation.  She never got to finish what she was saying.

"You said my parents are alive.  But you also said you saw them die all those years back."  I was just confused and wanted an answer to all this.

She was quiet for a few moments before turning back to me. "The man and women that died, your parents, I'm sorry to say but they aren't your real parents."

Shocked.  Speechless.  What could I say.  I thought my whole life they were my blood parents.  But these past two years I could've been searching for my real family instead of...

No, they wete your real family.  They raised us.  They probably took us in when pur biological family didn't want us.  My wolf said.  And I hate to say that she was probably right.

Once I was out of my thoughts i saw Olivia running into the pack house crying.  Why was she crying I have no idea.  

I chased her into the pack building.  "Olivia wait.  What happend are you okay?  Olivia please wait."

Thankfully she stops running.  I take a few steps forward to her and get down on my knees.  "I'm sorry.  I'm so sorry" She cried out.  "I shouldn't have said any of that.  I should've waited."

That's why she crying.  All because she told me the truth.

"No Olivia it's ok.  I needed to hear that I needed to know the truth."

"No.  You probably won't admit it but i saw your face.  You were hurt, you looked like you wanted to cry and scream.  Like you were ready to get up and walk away and never come back."

Wow.  Shw got that all from one look at my face.  Did I really show all that emotion? 

But she is right, I do feeling like crying and breaking down.  I badly want to leave and find my real parents

Biological parents not real.

Right my blood parents but I'm scared they'll reject me and tell me to leave.

But right now I'm here and I need to let Olivia know that.

"Olivia I'm here, really here, right now.  I'm not going anywhere, I'm here to stay."

She showed a small smile, but she was still crying. "Will you please stay with me, for as long as you can?" she asked softly.

"Yes.  I promise that if you need me I'll be here for you, and do the best I can to help you."

"Thank you."  she said. 

I pulled her into a hug.  But I pulled away when the most amazing smell hit my nose.  Olivia notices me sniffing the air and joins me.

After she sniffs twice I heard foot steps, she smiled and looked up behind me.  Confused I looked back as well.

Since I was still on the floor the first thing I saw was strong legs, then I raised my head and saw a very handsome green eyed man.

I stood up as we stared at each other and at the same time heard Olivia yell, "Grayson!" before running to him for a hug.

He takes his eyes off me to pick her up. 

That's our mate! Storm says.

Is it too late to hide our sent.  I don't want to meet him, not yet. I tell her.

It's too late he knows.  You could always run away and come back.

He'll catch me.

Not if you're in wolf form.

No.

Grayson turns to me after talking to Olivia.  He takes a few steps forward but I step back and put my hand up commanding him to stop, which he does but with a confused face.

"I can't, not now." I look away from him and turn to Olivia. "I'm sorry Olivia."

I turn around and look back at Olivia and Grayson."Goodbye" and I begin to run.