Chapter 5- Smart Mate

He wasn't fine when he walked away. He was sad. I felt a pull to go up to him and make him feel better. But just as I started walking to him, I felt sparks fly through my body, coming from my wrist.

I turn to see Grayson's eyes on mine as he pulls me back to him. He shakes his head at me.

"But he's sad. Isn't there something we can do to make him feel better?" I ask Grayson. He shakes his head as a reply. "We have to try."

"That's the Luna inside you talking... No not the Luna, your white wolf talking. We can't help him, not if it's about Chloe, he'll be fine in a few hours okay?" I nod my head.

There were sparks still at my hand. NO NO NO NO!!! He touched me. He promised he wouldn't. OH MY MOON GODDESS!!

I quickly pull my wrist away. "You promised!"

"You didn't pull away in the beginning! Admit it you liked it." He smirks.

"Of course I liked it. Loved it-"

He cuts me off. "Love?" He says softly. "You love me? Then why pull away, why tell me not to touch you, why run away the moment you see me!? Why do all of that when you not only hurt me but yourself​!?"

"You won't understand." That was all I could say.

"Oh really. Are you fucking kidding me?!" I stay silent. "Your not even going to explain. Since the day I went looking for you I knew there would be things I wouldn't understand because your a white wolf! An explanation. I deserve a fucking explanation!" He yelled.

I whimper, taking a few steps back and turning my body to face away from him.

He yelled at me. If he yells at me for staying quiet, then he might reject me if he finds out the whole truth. Unless he knows already.

He lets out a long sad sigh as he takes a few steps towards me. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to yell at you-"

"Yes you did you knew exactly what you were doing." I turn and face him. "I know your mad because I won't tell you why I'm leaving but it's my life! Not yours! If I don't think you deserve an explanation then your not getting one!" I stated, showing how mad I was.

He looks at me hurt. "Okay."

Okay? So does that mean he'll let me leave?

"Okay what?" I said with a small smile.

He gives me a confused look at first before saying,"I'm still not letting you leave." He says blankly.

My smile drops immediately. "Fuck you."

"When and where?" He smirks.

I couldn't help the blush that crept onto my face.

"You look cute when you blush." He says as he gets closer to me.

"What did you mean when you said okay," i say quickly to change the topic of my blushing cheeks.

He stops walking and looks down. I immediately regret breaking his moment of happiness.

"I meant that you don't have to give me an explanation. Not now any ways. But if you want to leave I'm to coming with you."

Him come with me? No he'll have to meet Jace. Jace is like my big brother, over protective and all, he would Grayson a whole lecture.

And I'm not really in the mood to deal with Jace doing all that since he has been keeping secrets from me and I'm a little mad at that.

I don't want Grayson to come with me that's final. I don't need his permission. I could always just run away at night.

"I don't want you to come anywhere with me-" I started but was cut off.

"It's getting late. Time for dinner let go and eat. Let's just forget about all this for a moment." I was taken back by his statement. "I dreamed of the day I find you. Never once did I think that this would happen. I spent 2, almost 3 years finding you, and I just want to spend a nice dinner with you." I nod my head. "We can continue this discussion tomorrow."

"Okay."

He brings his hand up and I grab it. I enjoy the sparks that jolt my body.

"I didn't think you were going to grab my hand." I give him a small smile.

On our walk to his house we had light talks about favorite color, business, age, favorite food etc.

I found out that he likes the color green, since he isn't Alpha yet because his parents didn't want him ruling without a Mate he did do Alpha duties while he was at different packs looking for me he went to meetings too, to replace his dads position, he was 19 years old, and liked seafood.

Eventually we came to his house which was only down the road from the castle.

He opens the door and takes me to the kitchen where there is an island with seats. I sit in one.

"Do you cook? Or know how to?" He asks me as he goes to the sink to wash his hands.

"No, I mean yes, i mean ugh."

He gives me a confused look. "You don't have to lie to impress me, I've been impressed enough by you."

I smile. "I was going to say you wouldn't understand, but" he gives me a look, a look that says really, "it would've just been an excuse to not tell you."

He comes to my side and grabs my hand. " You don't have to tell me if you don't want to." I nod, "just please," he says softly,"don't shut me out and not tell me anything, trust me, you can talk to me."

We stare into each other's eyes right before I pull away and he goes to the refrigerator and takes out food.

It was silent for 2 minutes while he cut up some vegetables.

"I used to love cooking." He looks up at me and smiles.

"What changed that?" he asks softly, he stops cutting.

I sigh,"My parents death."

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked."

"It's fine I wanted you to know."

"Thank you for sharing that with me."

"I know how to cook. I haven't had much practice since there death, and back in my old pack I was always training and Jace always made sure someone cooked for me."

"Jace? You mean Alpha Jace?"

"Yup. I'm from his pack."

"I didn't know you were staying at that pack."

"I was only there for a year and a half I think. But I did a lot of running, travelling, as a rogue before I found his pack."

"That explains a lot." He chuckles.

I help him finish cooking the pasta he was making, then we sat down and ate.

"I want to introduce you to the pack after our dinner." He states.

I stop eating.

No he can't. I can't get close to any of them yet. I still need to run away to see Jace. But if I say no then he'll get suspicious.

"Sure. I have to go to the pack house any ways so why not."

"Yea you have to get your stuff."

"Stuff? What stuff?"

"You're moving in here with me, that is until we are given the position of Alpha and Luna."

I'll be here with him tonight? No! No! I was suppose to run away tonight to see Jace.

Fuck you Grayson, for being too dam smart for me.