Chapter 38- Denial

GRAYSON POV

I stood at the edge of the cliff that was on Jace's pack staring down below. Very high up may i add. That if I were to jump I would splatter into many pieces.

Thankfully I had no intention of jumping off.

I take a seat letting my legs swing over the cliff and I stare far ahead. Somewhere out there is Aspyn. Going moongoddess knows where and doing moongoddess know what. I look up at the sky. Somewhere up there maybe Olivia is looking do-. I shake my head, trying to get rid of that thought.

"Royal Alpha?" my head looks back to catch Luke slowly making his way up to the cliff. "Oh, it is you. I didn't know you would be here, mind if I join you?"

I nod my head a pat the space next to me. "What are you doing here?"

"I normally come here when I hurt Olivia, or when she hurts me sometimes." He lets out a chuckle. "Like when she woke up after what the rogue showed her and she said she didn't want me there I came here. When I accidentally showed her a piece of my past and it hurt her I came here. Now that I think about it, i come here a lot, whenever I think about her I come here..."

"Hm, interesting. So you came here now because..." I look straight ahead once more. From the corner of my eye I can see he looked at me but my focus never left the view in front of me.

"Because I didn't leave a last message to her, and the way she left us with blood in her eyes and-."

"Left us? What are you talking about Luke? She hasn't left us."

LUKES POV

He gave me a very confused look and I returned it with my own. Was he being serious right now? Or maybe he was trying to show that he has no weakness and trying to keep a strong face.

"Of course she will always be with us in our heart and- Your highness are you ok? Would you like me to get you something to help you cope with the loss of-."

"Aspyn? No actually, I'm fine. Just needed to get away from all the stuff and think for a bit. Maybe try to feel her and sense where she could be at the moment." He didn't look at me as he spoke.

An awkward silence filled between us and me staring at him probably was making it more uncomfortable.

"Hey I have a mate and if she finds out you were checking me out she'll possible hurt you, also I'm pretty sure your mate wouldn't like it if she found you were checking out the Royal Alpha at some point in life." He gets up from his spot and finished his sentence with, "or maybe your real mate is actually a he instead of a she." He walks away leaving me looking at the spot he once stood.

I get up and chase after him. Something wasn't right. He knows about my mate, I have told him about her before, so why was he acting like This? Then when I tried to bring up Olivia's name he immediately changed the topic and started talking about Aspyn.

I run up behind him. Walking by his side. I was determined to find out what was going on in that head of his.

"So Royal Alpha, how long do you plan on staying here?"

"Until there's a lead on Aspyn, Johnston or the rogues."

"And Olivia?" His jaw clenches at her name.

"What about her?"

"How long will her body be staying here?"

"She will be staying here for as long as she pleases. Most likely until Aspyn returns."

There it was again. Talking as if what just happened didn't happen.

"But wouldn't your parents want her body so they can do a proper burial?"

"Why would they give her a burial? Your acting like she's dead. Listen Luke, I know you care about her and all but you need to mind your own business when it comes to my little sister. She's not ur business-."

"OF COURSE ITS MY FUCKING BUISNESS ALPHA SHES THE ROYAL PRINCESS THE NEXT IN LINE IF SOMETHING WERE TO HAPPEN TO YOU OR ASPYN! HER LIFE IS EVERY PACKS BUSINESS, MY FUCKING-."

"What's going on here?" I recognize Jace voice the second it cuts in. Another smell hits my nose. A pregnant women. I glance over to see Nikki is with him. Fear radiating on her eyes. I turn back to Grayson and glare at him as he does me. We were both clearly pissed. I just raised my voice at the Royal Alpha and sweared at him, probably shouldn't have done that but I'm angry that he was acting this way.

Not wanting to continue this fight incase for some reason it stresses Nikki out more than she probably already is, I take a step back from him.

"Whether you want to believe  it or not your sister is dead, all the wolf packs should be notified that the princess is dead and that the best Warrior for the Royals is missing because you're the only thing left and if you go down every single one of the packs will unfortunately go down with you. And as a beta I will not- I cannot let this pack go down because your head isn't in the right place..." after staring at him for a while I turn away making my way back up to the cliff but I stop and said one last thing, "Olivia wanted to become a warrior because she wanted to fight for her Pack, because she didn't want the rogues to have a chance at winning, even though she was only 8. Just think about that for a while." I kept walking to the cliff leaving him behind with those words to linger in his head.

Even though Olivia was gone I know she wouldn't want Grayson to stop focusing on something so big, her death would soon be big but she would not want us to lose track of what we should really be doing. Grayson can't pretend like what had happened didn't just happen and that everything would be fine if he kept doing what he was doing because if something were to happen right now not Aspyn, Jonhston, or Olivia would be able to help him. And he had to stop thinking that at any moment they would all just come to him and help him.

Because his denial was going to get the best of him.

And I hope eventually it eats him up enough to wake him up.

OLIVIAS POV

Just know that I love you.

That you were my everything.

Even though you didn't know it.

You were the first person I thought of in the morning.

The last person I thought of at night.

Because of you I saw everything clearer.

hopefully one day, we'll see each other again.

Maybe you'll feel what i feel.

Maybe you'll be able to understand why exactly YOU changed my life.

Rest In Peace my love.

I didn't know who the voice belong too. But I knew it was a man.

I will never know who the voice belonged to because my memories died soon after that.

Taking me along with them.