Chapter 50- Different

LUKE POV

I grab one of the chairs that Jace parents had on their porch and start smashing it against one of the trees, tears fell down my face as I let my anger out. Every time the chair broke into a piece I would pick that piece and smash it some more.

Eventually there was nothing more I could do to the chair because it was too much destroyed. I begin punching and kicking the tree.

"Luke, your bleeding stop." Grayson says but I couldn't. I was too angered.

"SHE PROMISED ME! SHE SAID SHE'LL LET ME SEE HER! I PROMISED TO NOT KILL MYSELF IF IT MEANT I GET TO HAVE HER AROUND AND NOW SHES GONE!" My eyes look up at the sky. "WHYYYYYYYYY! WHY HAVE ME LIVE WHEN YOU WERE ONLY GOING TO TAKE HER AWAY AGAIN! YOU GAVE ME A PIECE OF HAPPINESS JUST TO TAKE IT ALL AWAY AGAIN! WHYYYY! WHY HER! WHY NOT ME! WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST LET ME DIE!" I didn't stop hitting the tree, even when my knuckles and instep of my foot begged me too. Blood dripped down, but it wasn't enough to stop me.

"Luke?!" A soft angelic voice comes from behind me, I turn to see her behind me. Fear was clear in her green eyes. But she looked different, she looked younger. Her voice sounded different too, and the way she held herself. She was embraced in Grayson arms.

He was holding her. In his hands. Rosa was also there staring at me, very concerned as her hands pass slowly through Olivia's hair, trying to soothe her.

I fall to my knees.

She was alive. She was here. She was back.

My mate was alive.

And I, yet again, didn't make such a good impression.

I get up a slowly walk to her but when I leaned in to pull her into a hug she pulled back and hid behind Grayson.

"Grayson who is he? I'm scared." She says so softly. I pulled back hurt. My eyes begged Rosa for an answer.

"Don't take it personal. She doesn't remember any of us. She Doesn't really remember much from the pass few years. Her last memory is... is the day of Grayson and Aspyn's step up ceremony. When they become the new Royals. But only the beginning of it. She doesn't actually remember the celebration itself."

The celebration of the new Royals. She didn't know me then. She didn't meet me until a few months after. Even if she did remember me she would probably remember the time she hated me.

"How about her gift... does she know how to use it?" I ask as I kneel in front of her.

"Grayson, how do all these people know about my gift? I swear I didn't tell them!" She looks at Grayson tearful.

"Olly, listen to me very carefully. The last few years have been hard ones. I'm going to ask you to not look into the past. Not from anyone. I don't want you to relive the trauma." He holds her hand in his. "What I am about to tell you is the truth. I am not joking around ok?" She glances at Rosa and I before nodding her head. "You are almost 10 years old now. Your powers are a lot stronger now. Very few people know. Luke, you see him, don't worry about him no more. You have a lot power over him as you can see. You saw how he stopped when I asked you to call out his name?" She nods her head again looking a little calmer than she was before. "Don't worry we are leaving this pack soon and going home. Rosa she is your teacher ok, I'm going to have her teach you to use your powers all over again. But right now we are going home. Would you like to see mommy and daddy?"

"Yes. Please take me home." She starts tearing up. "I don't want to come back." She's in her brothers arms and he picks her up.

"I'm sorry but I don't want her coming back to this pack. And Luke... I can't have her see you."