Chapter 10- The Plan

The castle was so huge. I now realized how complex the structure is, so many rooms, so many halls, and I didn't know the place well enough. I was never going to find Grayson.

Most of the doors were closed so I had to knock incase someone lived in there.

Some rooms were unoccupied, but for those that weren't the people inside were very surprised to see me. Some even bowed down to me and asked if I needed anything. But none of them did, none of them saw where Grayson had went and had no idea where he might have gone.

An hour had passed and I still hadn't found Grayson. I was exhausted and on the verge of giving up, but before I did I decided I would knock on this one last door before I head to check home.

I knocked on the door and a familiar voice said, "Come in." I opened the door and saw him standing over a desk, looking down at some papers. I was curious what the papers were and when I came up behind him to see what was on the papers that's when he turned around and saw me. He quickly hid the papers. "Hey Aspyn, how are you? Didn't expect you to come in? I thought you were.... Never mind, what are you doing here anyways?"

What are you hiding?

"I'm not doing so well, who did you think I was? What's going on, what are those papers?"

"These papers are nothing just... just lay out of the land. What's a matter?" He puts his hand on my shoulder, "Why are you not doing so well?" He sits on a nearby sofa in his room and motions for me to join him.

I take this moment to go to the papers and look at them carefully, they was a lay out of our land, but there was also layouts of other pieces of land. He quickly came up and took the papers out of my reach.

"Explain that!". I saw angrily.

He shakes his head, "I can't, not to you anyways. I'm sorry, please don't ask again."

"WHY CAN'T YOU TELL ME!?" He says nothing, as he puts the papers in a bag. "Ok you can't tell me that either, fine, but tell me who you thought I was when I was at the door." Again silence, and he's avoiding my eyes. "JOHNSTON!"

Again nothing. I let out a deep sigh. "I'm sorry." He says as he looks up to me. "Grayson would get more mad if I told you the plan."

A plan? What plan? Wait did he just say Grayson? Grayson is involved in all this. Oh Gray-fucking-son you have some explaining to do. "Grayson was here?"

"Yes, not to long ago." He replies.

"So Grayson left and when I came in you thought it was Grayson coming back?"

He sighs but nods his head.

"How was he when he came in?"

"Well he smelled like he's been drinking but that's not knew, he seemed frustrated about something, but he gave me orders and then left."

"He left... Do you know where he went?". Johnston shakes his head.

"I thought he went to go get you-."

"He's mad at me, if anything he's staying away from me." I take a seat on his couch.

"Why is he avoiding you?" I put my face in my hands as I begin sobbing. Johnston was quickly by side, pulling me into his arms. "Why is he mad at you, Aspyn?"

"Because I'm a TERRIBLE mate. I came with so many probIems, ones from when I was born, some from 16 and others that I don't even know about. I made him feel horrible. I made him feel weak, made him think that I didn't want him as a mate, that he couldn't protect me because of his cancer." After saying all of that I calmed down.

"Wow. So that explains the plan." I looked at him. "Yes I'll tell you now, but don't tell Grayson." I nod my head. "Grayson came in saying he wants to start training our pack warriors more often, to make them stronger. He wants to go into war with the Rogues, and kill there King, you know-." I put my hand up to stop him from talking, I didn't need him to remind me of that man, it would bring back to many memories that I have been trying to forget.

I stand up and Johnston follows. "Thank you for telling me the plan. But I think I should go find Grayson now and make sure he is okay. I'll see you tomorrow Johnston." With that being said I turned to walk out of his room, but what he said next made me stop.

"Go to your left, you'll see some staircases, go down, all the way down to the basement. There will be a room down there."

Why is he telling me this?

He must have realized my confused expression because he continues talking.

"It's where he used to go after having a whole lot to drink. It was his old room when he used to live here."

I nod my head, as if thanking him and follow his directions.

After all that walking I finally made it to the basement. Looking around it looks like a cute apartment, to the left I see a nice small kitchen. Then I glance over and see the living room. Down the hall I see 3 doors. One of them has to be the door to Grayson's bedroom.

It wasn't hard to figure out which one he was in. I just used my nose to sniff in which room smelled like alcohol.

I opened that door, seeing Grayson passed out on the bed with a few more alcohol bottles on the table beside the bed.

I go sit next to him on the bed and begin to slide my fingers throw his soft jet black hair, feeling the sparks go through. Tears slip down my eyes as I do so.

His arm comes around my waist catching me by surprise.

"I'm sorry." He says. "I promised myself that I would protect you, make you feel safe, yet I can't do that. I'm so sorry that you have me as your mate." He has a tear slipping down his face and I quickly wipe it away.

"No don't be sorry. Grayson I don't know what I would do if you weren't my mate. DONT YOU EVER FEEL SORRY FOR BEING MY MATE BECAUSE I SWEAR TO THE MOON GODDESS YOU ARE THE BEST THING THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED TO ME, DON'T FORGET THAT. "

Now we both have tears coming down our face.

Well who would've known that the Royal Princ is crying.

I laugh at what storm says.

"Go to sleep Grayson. I'm going to go upstairs and let everyone know I found you and that you're ok."

He nods his head and goes back to sleep.

If only he knew.

That I wasn't going to be doing that.

That I was lying to him.

That I was going to go see Jace tonight.

I am the most horrible mate in the world.