Chapter 29- Until Next Time

JACE POV

"She doesn't want me here." Luke tells me angrily as he looks me in my eyes.

"Sure she does. Now come on in." I open the door wider for him to enter but he didn't step in.

"Jace who's at the door?" Olivia makes her way behind me and sees Luke at the door. "Oh, he's here." She glares at him.

"Really? Doesn't look like she wants me here." Luke glares back at Olivia.

"I don't-." Olivia was cut off by Grayson's deep voice coming behind her.

"Yes you do Olivia. Come on in Luke. Olivia be nice." Grayson tells her sternly.

"Me be nice? Really Gray. He's the mean one here-."

"I don't care. We're going to get along."

"I'm going home, thanks for the invite though." Luke turns away from us and starts walking.

Grayson and I give Olivia a stern look. She rolls her eyes and sighs.

"Wait Luke! Come back." Luke stops in his tracks and turns around. "Would you like some cake?"

Luke comes into the house and walks up to Olivia, he gets down on his knees and looks her straight in her eyes. He opens his mouth to say something but Olivia stumbles back and puts her hands on her eyes. "Ow, why would you do that?" She asks as she rubs her eyes. We all give Luke a confused look. He seems to have one of his own.

"Um, what did I do?" He asks looking at Gray and I.

"You showed me your past... and not any part, you showed me your conversations about Royals. The bad ones." Olivia says as she holds Grayson's legs.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know-I'm sorry." He gets up from him spot and begins to walk to the door.

"No you don't have to leave Luke." Grayson's says but Luke kept walking.

"Olivia obviously doesn't want me here. And even if she did I just hurt her without trying." With that he walks out the door before shifting and running into the woods he looks back at Olivia. "Happy Birthday."

I watched him run and disappear into the woods.

"Why are you crying?" I hear Gray say behind me and I turn to see tears coming down Olivia's eyes. I'm quickly at her side as she hugs Gray.

"He's mean. He said mean things about us." She tells us as tears fall.

"He didn't show you it on purpose Olivia-." I try saying but she cuts me off.

"I know, he didn't mean to do it. But still he said it and it hurt... Gray? Jace?"

"Yes?" Gray and I say at the same time.

"Does it make me a bad person if I say that I don't ever want to see him again? If I say that I truly hate him?" She asks as she pulls away from hugging Grayson and looks at the both of us.

"No." I speak up after a moment of silence. "It doesn't make you a bad person Olivia."

"What would make you a bad person is if you start treating him like he's any different than you. You can hate him if you want but you can't show it. You still have to treat him properly. And if you don't want to ever see him again that's fine but if you do by chance you must be respectful." Grayson rubs Olivia's back as he gives her a small smile.

She returns it to him and gives me one. "Ok. Can I say something else that may not be nice?" We both nod. "I feel terribly sorry for whoever his mate is."