Chapter Four

Updated on: 09th Sept' 20

Chapter Four - Being Named As A Bad Liar

-----

GRACE'S POV

I woke up and it was unusual, cause I had drooled over my hand and it was unusually too much drool for a normal person to even drool. And it was sticky, too.

Then I heard a small bark. My head immediately perked up but then went down to the bed as the dog jumped on me. It was a very cute dog. Brown and small. Just like light Boots; my previous dog. But it was a male dog.

But did it matter? The name was cute but he surely was named.

I checked the name tag and it read, 'Browny'. So artistic.

"Hey, Browny. What are you doing here?" I asked and he barked gracefully. I petted him and embraced him. He was soft, small and very cute, at that.

"You stay here?" He barked and answered me. I grinned at the cute dog. There was a sudden commotion and I glanced at my ringing phone. My eyes widened, surprised.

"Hello, Mill. I'll be there at some time. Please cover up for me." I responded as soon I answered the call and didn't give him a short second to even greet me.

"I was so worried, Grace. I thought something happened because you didn't call me as I told you to, after reaching home." He almost sounded scolding. I sighed.

"I'm so sorry, Mill. I'll explain everything to you when I reach. Please?" I pleaded as I rushed to pack up my things.

"Okay. Take care, sissy." He said and I hung up the call after I hummed in response.

I left Browny and turned to take my things. I felt a pain in my left leg. It was still a little sprained apparently as I saw a bandage on it.

I struggled but stuffed up everything and stared at myself. God! I resembled an alien. There was someone on the door. It was Dory and she peered at me, quizzically.

"Why the rush?" She questioned me and I just glanced at her before trying to adjust my dress.

"I'm getting late for work. I have to leave now, get home and the back to the café. I'm so getting fired today." I grumbled, finally taking my phone and getting ready to leave. Dory held my hand and I gave her a look.

"Go and take a wash. I'll take care of everything." She said and I watched her; perplexed by her order.

"What? I don't have clothes. I need to get home, Dory." I tried to make her understand but she wasn't moving.

"I said, go and take a bath. I'll arrange the clothes." I began to speak but it was no avail, as I saw her expression stay like steel. I sighed.

"Okay." I immediately rushed into the bathroom and found tons of expensive products in there, like the room I was in. Driving all the thoughts aside, I took the most expensive bath of my life.

I was done with my bath in 15 minutes. My hair washed and smelled of vanilla and my body smelled honey. All in all, I was very perfumed. The clothes laid on the bed were too fancy.

But it was my only option so I wasn't wasting any time. I put it on quickly. My dress consisted of a tight white top and dark blue ankle-length ripped jeans. To add it on, I had a long black knee-length shrug. It looked amazing.

I was startled to see myself looking this beautiful. Clothes had their ways. It did fit on all my curves perfectly giving me an edgy hot look. And then my brown hair was left open. I put my lipstick and I was ready.