Chapter Twelve

Updated on: 09th Sept' 20

Chapter Twelve - Being Named As A Selfless Person.

-----

ALEX'S POV

I saw Grace having a good chat with Loris and something in me twisted as she smiled at Loris. She never smiled in front of me, like she was while talking to Loris.

You're being jealous, Alex! Shut up, brain!

She was always in a challenging mode when she talked to me and yet again, we had a feisty chat. We stood in peaceful silence, very unusual as we both kept bickering like kids, just in adult talks.

I was about to ask her why was she always fighting with me, but as I was about to do that, she pushed me, pretty hard for a petite woman, and ran towards where my back was faced.

I turned to look and she had jumped into the water without a second of wasting. A woman was on the floor with a small girl. A man had turned to the pair and was helping them up.

I immediately jumped down as I saw Grace holding a little kid in her hands. With clear movements of her hands, even a blind could tell that she didn't know how to swim.

I took the hold of the baby and gave it to a man who jumped along with me, probably the lifeguard. I immediately pulled Grace to me and held her as she looked half unconscious.

A rope with a tube was provided down. I held the tube and put it on her and swam as I was a swimmer. We were then pulled to the side of the boat where there was a staircase.

I finally pulled her heavy body on the deck and placed her on the floor. I rubbed her hands and legs in the hope that she'd wake up. I pressed her stomach and she was puking all the water she had swallowed. After some more attempts, she coughed at last.

She was finally awake. I hugged her tightly. It was like she was some kind of angel that was rare to find in today's world and I wanted to save her from any harm. I felt at peace as she held my wet t-shirt.

A towel was given, so I immediately dried her hair then wrapped the towel around her fragile body. She looked a little better. I shivered lightly because the water was ice cold.

"Get him a towel," Grace said in her sweet voice. As she found the towel, she dried my hair and I just looked at her. She was taking care of me. Finally, she wrapped the towel around me.

We both stood up after the people helped us. Grace received a few praises but her wholesome concentration was on the baby, whom she saved risking her life.

She practically ignored every praise and walked towards the baby. I kept my hand on her shoulder, in a protective way, and she didn't say anything. She just kept closer to me and I was shocked that she came close to me rather than putting space like she usually tried.

I felt something, as I looked at this particular petite woman next to me.

She had a big chat with the family and everything. She was just being so good that it was hard to digest for me. I've never met good people in my field of work.

Everyone was mean and money-minded. They have people walk their front and back and not even respect them, but seeing Grace risk her life for an unknown person, did something in my... heart?

I felt angry, disturbed and distracted by the presence of this petite woman in my arms. Everything about her was making me go crazy. Something I didn't wanna be.