Chapter Forty-Nine

Updated on: 22th Mar' 20

Chapter Forty-Nine - Being Named As A Bully.

-----

GRACE'S POV

"Thanks a lot, Dylan," I said and took the bag. Alex took the bag and pulled out the box and then the chain and put it in his suit pocket. He gave back the bag to Dylan and he left to finally enjoy the party. I didn't say anything.

Alex introduced me to everyone and he looked so proud while he told everyone that I was his. He had this big glow on his face. Everyone was pretty surprised looking at Alex's this side. No one expected him to smile and talk this much.

Finally, it was time for the birthday girl to enter and well, she did give a grand entrance for everyone to remember a lifetime. She looked gorgeous with a big tail of dress following her. She already had her neck covered by a huge necklace and pair of earrings in her ears.

"Alex, let's get her gift," I said to him and people who heard me call him that had pretty varied expressions. I had learned to ignore them well. We both walked to a room where I remember Dylan had left the gifts. Then I realized that I hadn't seen Martin yet. He was gonna get a surprise that Alex and I were finally dating.

I turned my back and found Alex kissing a girl on the lips. My eyes widened and I shut my mouth and eyes so tears wouldn't fall. I let the gifts there and rushed away without listening to anything else.

I collided with a person and looked up that it was Martin. I hugged him tightly and let tears fall. He hugged me tightly.

"Gracey, what happened?" He asked worried.

"Just take me away from here, please," I said and he put his hand up and I could tell he was stopping Alex from coming near to me. He turned around and I didn't face Alex. We just been official today and he had to kiss another girl, already.

"What happened, Gracey?" Martin asked me and I cried. I wiped away my tears using his handkerchief.

"Alex....we just got official..." He cut me off and screamed.

"Really?! I got out for a few days this is what I hear?! I'll go out for another vacation and I'll hear you're pregnant!" He screamed and I blushed. I was supposed to be angry!

"And Alex already kissed another girl!" I told him.

"Really, Grace? You don't have to cry over this, show the world he is yours. You don't cry for such things, okay? You're my girl! Show the world not to mess with who's yours. What will you do?" He asked me and I realized that I wasn't dating a normal guy, but a rich heir.

I had to face all this and grow up and be strong rather than sit and cry at things like this. I had to learn to show people their places. I had to be strong and... arrogant. I stood up determined.

"What will you do?" Martin asked again.

"I will show them not to mess with me and the person who is mine!" I said with eyes blazing with fire.

"Yes! That's right, baby! I want that fire Grace who can burn anyone who hurts the person she loves!" Martin said and I could tell what he meant.

Once in college, Martin was being called 'rich boy' and 'spoiled brat', because it was only me and him who shared a room and were of the opposite gender. I had made sure the guy never said anything like that ever again. I had bullied him so bad, that even I didn't recognize myself for the week.

"Yes, it's time for her to come out," I said and we both smirked at each other.

-----