Chapter Fifty-Two

Updated on: 23th Mar' 20

Chapter Fifty-Two - Being Named As Whipped.

-----

GRACE'S POV

When I woke up in the morning, I was thinking about how things could change and how I had to look better...for him. I'd never want someone to laugh on him because of his choice of girl. So, I had dressed up and wanted to look perfect whenever I left.

I had a navy blue polka dots one piece, which had fishnet long sleeves. It was simple and breezy. I liked the way it flowed until my knees.

Alex came into the room and it was like he knew something was off about me. He talked things so sweetly that I almost told him that I loved him.

I've fallen for him.

I cursed myself for letting that slip from my mouth and that, too, in front of Alex. It was way, too, stupid of me to let it go like that. I sighed.

It really wasn't my fault. He was saying all these sweet words and that, too, looking straight in my eyes. It melted me into a puddle.

I haven't seen Alex, ever since. It was later that I realized that it was a Sunday when Alison called me to ask when I was gonna leave from here and come to Wade's place. I closed my eyes. And sighed.

It was better to be there rather be here in this awkward moment. It was just yesterday that he confessed that he had feelings and I had to go and ruin it away today.

He just said he had likings towards me and not love. He might act differently if he'd know that it was very real and very true to me. He was becoming everything to me. I was afraid that he'd now run away because he'd known the intensity of my feelings for him.

-----

I finally put on my white sandals and felt ready to leave to Wade's house. The party was today and I had to go anyways because he had shifted the party for me.

My phone pinged and I saw that Alex had a meeting in two hours with a foreign delegate. I had to inform him. I took a deep breath gathered the courage to see him.

I knocked on his door. He didn't answer, so I pushed the door open and no one was in the room. I walked to his study, where I knew he'd be. I knocked and heard his voice asking me to enter.

"Yes?" He asked as he kept looking in his file with glasses on. I would've gone all heart eyes at him if we weren't in this weird situation.

"Uhm...you have a meeting with the foreign delegate in two hours," I informed him and he gave me a look of confusion.

"Mr. Lambert will be video calling you in two hours, so take it from here itself." He nodded and looked back into his file.

"And...Alex, today there is a party at Wade's new house. I...have to go. If you're free, do join me." I muttered and left without another word to him.

As soon as I reached the ground floor, and exited the main door, there was a car and Dylan stood there with a smile. I looked at him shocked.

"Dylan? What are you doing here? Wasn't it a holiday for you?" I asked him surprised.

"No, I'm taking a holiday tomorrow. Sir had informed me yesterday that you will be needing me today, so I shift my holiday." He said and a big smile plastered on my face. He remembered.

"That is really sweet of you. Also, I haven't thanked you enough for getting me the chain. Thanks for that, too." I smiled at him and he opened the door for me.