Chapter Ten

Updated on: 09th Sept' 20

Chapter Ten - Being Named As A Perfectionist.

-----

GRACE'S POV

I met Sierra and Alison in the middle and then noticed the event had ended. Thank heavens! And there was a loud wave of applause for some reason that I was unknown by.

"What's going on?" I asked them looking around and watching people smiling like they saw a diamond. I tried to look through the crowd but, I couldn't see who was there, where everyone was looking.

"Dance and drinks," Alison said with a sly smile on her face. And Sierra had the same smile. I forgot about the so-called diamond that everyone was looking at.

"What's with those looks?" I asked them unknown about the ditto expressions on both of their faces. They both were slightly red.

"You remember the guys we told you about? John and Kyle?" Alison said shamelessly. I just nodded.

"Yeah, so they are standing there and we're going to dance with them." Sierra completed. And I looked to the way their eyes went. Two hot guys were waiting for them.

They aren't as hot as Alex, though. Shut up, brain!!!

"Okay. Go on. I'm happy, guys. I'll just take off to sleep or something, I guess." I spoke as I had wholesome intention to leave and rest because I had no partner to dance with and I didn't want to get insulted.

"Grace, find a guy and dance. You haven't been with a guy in forever, after that. And you've got all the hot and rich guys here. Take a glance and a chance." Alison winked in a teasing manner after she mentioned someone unwanted.

My mood had downed a bit. I didn't want to remember him. He had left a scar on me. I didn't like to be touched or be close to someone, still. I didn't know when I'll be over that.

But you didn't feel unsafe when you came in contact with Alex. That was another thing why Alex was on my mind.

"If that's what you want. But you'll leave." I gave them a promising look and they both slowly walked towards their dance partners. I wanted to go inside but I found myself in front of a handsome devil.

I flashed him a small smile. He put his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him. My hand landed on his chest. A gasp of surprise escaped my lips and it was visible on my face.

"Missed me?" He asked cockily. I looked up at him and scoffed. He gave me an amused look.

"Long time, no see, Alex," I said with a forced smile. He kept quiet for a while and I got to realize some weird churning in my stomach. My body felt hot wherever he touched.

Why was I not feeling uncomfortable when he touched? His touch was something else and I couldn't point it out why exactly.

"I thought you were busy being clumsy." His taunt pulled me out of my reverie and I almost groaned. Both, because of his taunt and also because I had no answer to my question. But we moved with smiles on our faces.

"I do have other jobs, you know." I retorted smartly and he chuckled. I looked at him confused by his chuckle.

"Yeah. Like preventing from getting clumsy." He laughed on my face. I tried to remove myself away from him but he just caught me tight in his hold. I wanted to feel uncomfortable but I wasn't. Oh damn!

"How do you know that's my other job?" I asked still with a sarcastic smile.

"Saw those shoes underneath." He said and I was red by embarrassment. He immediately pulled me into him and I was practically hugging him. That was better than him watching me looking like a tomato.