Chapter Twenty-One

Updated on: 16th Mar' 20

Chapter Twenty-One - Being Named As A Daughter.

-----

ALEX'S POV

Guilt, and loads of it. I felt very guilty about all those things that happened to Grace. I couldn't have imagined not tracking her and finding her bled to death in hypertension.

As I looked at her fragile frame in my arms, I couldn't stop but admire her. Still looking perfect with the frown marks on her forehead and blood oozing out her nose. She was beautiful in every attire.

I didn't know what got me so attracted to her. I guess it was the heart that people missed out these days and completely vanished from the business world. Also, her innocence.

I pulled her close to my heart, wanting her to be safe and fine. I had called Dory to get the doctor home until we get there. She had to be treated. I was gonna work on the loss.

"What happened to her?" Dory asked as she saw me and Grace on the door.

"I'll explain. Doc?" I asked rushed as I took her into Melanie's ex-room. I placed her down and the doctor treated her.

"This is the second time this is happening in a month. Better take care or condition could be severe." The doctor warned and I almost lost my breath. Dory held me.

"Sure." Dory was the one who answered, cause I was still shocked.

-----

The doctor went away and Grace was changed into my sweats and very loose pants. Dory took care of everything. Grace was sleeping peacefully after Doc had injected her. I was a little stress-free.

"Alex, what's on?" Dory asked me as she sat beside me on the dining table.

"Dory, you remember how I told you that I'm very attracted to her? And I am. It's a very strong connection, that I feel. Like never before." I explained and she nodded.

"But, I'm afraid. What if she won't feel the same?" I asked her.

"How will you know until you try, Alex. Take it slow. Grace is an innocent soul." She told me and I nodded.

"You know Dory, I've been trying to keep her safe, by pushing her away from me and still watching over her. It's so hard." I said and Dory looked confused.

"I received a threat, saying that they'll hurt Grace if we got close. It was Melanie and Brittany. I don't want them to touch Grace's shadow." I said the last part with anger. Dory put her hand on mine.

"Is that the same note I had given you yesterday? It was a threat and not a letter?" She asked shocked. I nodded to her statement and she sat down beside me. I could tell she was thinking about the current situation.

"They breathe from the ground, Alex. The more you push, the more unsafe is Grace. Keep her close to you, to keep her safe." Dory said and I looked up with hope.

"I hope you don't mind a permanent company of Grace in the house?" I asked her something very crucial in a funny tone. She took a moment.

"A daughter is always welcome home," Dory said and my worries flew in the air.

-----

GRACE'S POV

Oh, God!

My head hurt bad and I felt something or someone holding my hand. I opened my eyes slowly and everything was still a blur. I found Alex holding my hand.