Chapter Twenty

Updated on: 15th Mar' 20

Chapter Twenty - Being Named As A Pure Soul.

-----

ALEX'S POV

The moment I said all the rude things to Grace, I've been yelling myself to stop, but I couldn't let my walls fall before her or put her in danger. I almost did get her in front of the camera. It would've been really hard for her if she fell in the spotlight.

She was an innocent soul, with the purest heart. I wanted to hurt her, so I could keep her away and she would abstain coming close to me. I wanted her in front of me but feeling hate for me.

Because I was incapable of keeping myself away from her and not feeling anything towards her. And I feared for her.

Flashback

"What's that, Dory?" I asked Dory who was looking like someone just put her to an electric shock. I went to her and found her with a letter. I was highly mistaken.

It was a threat.

"Dear...CRUZ!

I know you wish my death every day but unfortunately, you aren't that lucky. Also, I've been getting the information about your new fling. I hope to see your new girl...or the one who has charmed you into her. Would love to have a meet with her.

Xoxo,
B & M

I knew what this meant. I had then realized that I had to keep Grace away from me, but not very far.

I had talked to Moses and he said the same. I have to keep her in front of my eyes and try as hard to keep her safe.

I couldn't bear the guilt of a person being in danger or even getting hurt because of me.

She was so pure and innocent that I didn't want her to even have a scratch because of me or anyone in the world. I wanted to protect her and that's what I'd do.

End of Flashback

Today when she left my office I was so on my heels to run and get her and hug her tightly and tell her that....I was sorry. I never felt the need to say sorry to anyone in my life. Ever.

But her.

I worked more to forget what I did to her and it worked until...in the evening one of the guys called that Grace hasn't been home since she left in the evening.

I had a guard placed near her house to keep tabs on her and everything. I wanted her safe. If Brittany had a breeze of her name, it would be a big trouble. And I placed a trusted guy for Grace's security.

I tried calling her several times but it went to voicemail. I tried again and this time it was switched off. I called and asked the guard if she was back and he denied. My mind was clogged with many possibilities of ending badly.

I immediately called Moses and got him to track her location. Something was wrong with the device or the ring, cause it wasn't tracking. I felt the urge to kill Moses for giving some stupid ring that would even serve its purpose.

I lost my temper and banged a hard fist on the computer and it suddenly pinged. A red dot was showing on the screen and I realized that it was the location. I was glad the device finally worked.