Chapter Eleven

Updated on: 09th Sept' 20

Chapter Eleven - Being Named As A Savior.

-----

GRACE'S POV

I and Alex stood on the deck looking at the dark sea lit with the small moonlight. It was peaceful. I turned to him and kept looking at him. I couldn't see how this Greek God was so arrogant.

My eyes flickered to the back of Alex, where I had seen the small petite woman with a baby in her arms. A small girl was running on the deck with a busy father on the phone.

Somehow, the small girl slipped giving a push to her Mom and due to moist on the floor, the woman slipped causing the baby in her hands to fall straight into the water.

I gasped and my mouth open. Alex turned to me asking me something but my whole sole focus was on the baby. I pushed Alex aside and ran to the mother who was apparently in a shock. I saw the baby floating and his cries had reached to the point where he couldn't breathe.

Without thinking or wasting another second, I jumped into the unwelcoming ice-cold water. I caught the small baby in my arms and lifted him above where the baby would be able to breathe.

I was drowning and I didn't know how to swim. I still tried flapping my legs to keep me up, but it wasn't being much effective. I could feel my lungs filling with water and I wasn't being able to breathe.

I heard a splash and felt the baby off my hands. I felt relieved that the baby was safe and I was losing my consciousness and my eyes lids felt heavy. I felt a warm body beside me holding me and carrying me off.

I was half-conscious. It took time for me to be out of the water and I felt heavy. My body was too heavy for me to walk. I was carried off and placed. I knew everything going around me, but I felt something inside my body move. Water.

My hands and legs were being rubbed and so was I being wiped. Suddenly, a warm and big hand was placed on my stomach and dangerously close to my breasts.

The hands pressed my stomach slow but with good pressure. I spat out water that was moving inside my body for so long. Finally, after many attempts, I was completely squeezed and drained the water out of my body. I coughed roughly.

I opened my eyes and found a concerned Alex in front of me. He immediately pulled me up and hugged me, tightly. He was wet and cold, but I could still feel little warmth from his body.

I just closed my eyes and felt his body against me. Even he was wet but he cared for me. I caught his t-shirt in my hands and stayed there for a moment.

In the next moment, a heavy towel was wrapped around me. Alex dried my hair and wiped me off completely. I felt better. On the other hand, Alex was shivering a little.

"Get him a towel," I muttered as soon as I saw his condition. A towel was provided and I dried his hair and then wrapped it around his body. We both were helped up.

As soon as we stood up, he put his arm securely around my shoulder. I felt tingles where he touched. But instead of saying anything, I moved closer to him and I could see he was shocked and hadn't anticipated that I could do something like this. The fact that even I hadn't known I'd ever do something like this.

"Where is the baby?" I asked the father, I had recognized him. He gave me a thankful smile with tears in his eyes.

"Peter is getting changed. But, I couldn't thank you enough for saving my son. I'll be under your favour, forever." He said with his hands joined giving me respect. I pushed his hands down.