Chapter Twenty-Three

Updated on: 16th Mar' 20

Chapter Twenty-Three - Being Named As Dumb.

-----

GRACE'S POV

In the middle of the night, I heard shuffling. I woke up to the abrupt sound that came through the hall. I walked slowly outside and then, I saw a figure standing there.

"Who's there?" I asked as I immediately switched the lights on. It was Alex, looking as uneasy as ever.

"What happened to you?" I asked as I walked towards him. Slowly, I stood beside him and he looked up to me. He turned his back to me and pulled his t-shirt up. I immediately shielded my eyes.

"What do you think you're doing?" I screeched.

"Look, Grace." He said and I slowly opened my eyes. I immediately gasped.

His entire back was red. His fair skin looked itched and rashed. I slowly touched his back, caressing his soft body. He gasped.

"I'm sorry." I immediately muttered and retrieved my hand back.

"Why did you get rashes?" I asked him finally.

"The couch's too hard for me, also, I think there is too much dust on it, that I got rashes." I sighed. He was such a rich boy. I shook my head.

"Okay. I'll apply some ointment. It will be fine. Okay?" He slowly nodded. I pulled out the ointment from the drawer and slowly pinched some into my hands.

I slowly blew air onto his back and applied the cream. He struggled in pain and I saw his muscles flex. I was tempted to roam my hand over his body, but I resisted.

"Shouldn't scratch that much," I muttered.

"I've never slept on a small hard couch." He almost yelled at me and I flinched. Definitely, he didn't, he was rich. I felt responsible for the rashes.

"I'm sorry. You, sleep on my bed. I'll...take the couch." I told him and walked towards the couch. He immediately held my hand in his and I looked at him.

"Grace, it's your house. I'll take the couch. No worries." He was walking towards the couch now and I pulled him back.

"I wouldn't like, you sleeping on the couch," I told him. He was my guest and he was supposed to be treated well.

"I wouldn't like that, too." He said and I sighed. In this way, we both would end up staying up all night like this.

"Sleep with me." He said slowly and I turned my head so fast, that it could've been broken.

I remembered how John had asked the same thing, only it felt wrong and this felt right. And how he did those things he shouldn't have, that left a scar on me. But with Alex, I don't even remember him nor I feel uncomfortable.

"What? Just share the bed. We could do that and have an actual sleep apart from being wide awake." He said and I almost smiled at the face he made. I can't argue with him when he made such a cute face.

And I knew he didn't have bad intentions as John did. I looked up at him and he looked at me hoping that I wouldn't deny. It was a turmoil in my mind that didn't know what to do.

I knew he wasn't going to harm and I knew I couldn't forever stay in my safe zone. I never wanted to go out of my zone, before but now, I wanted to. I wanted to explore with Alex. 

Will he give me the chance? Will he help me come out of my comfort zone? 

He had already helped me so much without even wanting to or knowing about my zones. Agreeing to sleeping next to him was going to be such a big step.