Chapter Seventeen

Updated on: 15th Mar' 20

Chapter Seventeen - Being Named As A PA.

-----

GRACE'S POV

When I opened my eyes, all I could feel were cotton soft sheets covering me. I slowly opened my eyes and found myself in the same place I'd been not long ago.

The bed in the posh room.

I recalled the incident I'd been in. I immediately touched my nose and it was fine. I sighed. I found my dress changed, too. I looked around for something that'll calm my nerves down. I felt my throat parched.

"You should rest, Grace." I heard a familiar voice. Dory came with a tray in her hand and I could see hot smoke rising from the bowl and also, I could smell something very tasty.

"I did, thank you. You've been taking care of me even though I'm not more than a stranger to you. Thanks, Dory." I smiled at her grateful to her treatment. She sat on the bed and kept the tray aside.

"You remember I told you about my son who found you that night, he was Alex," Dory muttered and I gave her a wide-eyed look.

"Then why didn't he recognize me all this time?" I asked shocked that I did find the guy who saved me. Was this another one of his tricks?

"Because you had a scarf and he thought you were a Muslim girl and he didn't see your face." Dory cleared and I felt such a big weight on my shoulders.

"I...I didn't know. I thought I met him on the cruise but he told me how I was a clumsy girl at the café and I realized that I met him and we had a bad encounter...but this was unknown." It was almost like a rant but I had to let it off my chest.

"It's okay, dear. The world is too small." She muttered and I nodded with a smile. The respect for Alex had increased to a great height but also confusion about all the situations in the office.

"Well, I've got to take care of the important people here." I heard a loud cough and Alex stood in the doorway. They both had an intense stare contest, more like a secret message passing on when Dory finally sighed.

"You have soup. I need to give food to Browny. I'll be back." Dory got up and gave me a soft peck on my temple. I smiled at her and she left leaving me alone with Alex. His presence intimidated me, now. As I knew what he was, a rich billionaire also annoyed me.

I didn't understand how to behave in front of him. He was my accuser, my savior, a stranger who kissed my cheek twice, a billionaire and lastly...my boss if I work for him. I decided to be kind as he had helped me twice, as of now.

"Grace, you never told me you had hypertension condition." I looked down feeling a little embarrassed but he wasn't more than a stranger. I looked up at him and he walked front and sat in front of me on the bed.

"You're almost a stranger to me. And that's my personal condition. Thanks for helping me, though." I said slowly looking at him in the eyes. His eyes flashed a speed change of emotion and then back to normal.

"You're on my bed. People don't lie on strangers' beds unless they hooked up. Doesn't look like it, does it, now?" He said and I coughed lightly. He fetched water and I drank again.

"Soup?" He immediately asked changing the subject and I couldn't have been more thankful for that. I was hungry but I felt tired of actually using my hands to drink the soup.

"I want to have it, but I feel too tired." I pouted. He chuckled. I wish I had a magical spoon that would feed me.

"I'll feed you." He said with a small smile. My eyes almost widened and were about to fall off my sockets looking at the smile on his face. He never smiled much, just smirked or ordered.